What was the topic at the Special Talk??????

by lydia 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lydia
    lydia

Just wondering here as I had recieved a VERY COLD letter (via e-mail) from a "LOVING DUB" telling me I was a very bad personand she will no longer talk to or e-mail me also - that I will die at armegeddon....
    It just seems funny to me that I recieved it after the date of the talk ( this person KNEW full well I had D'ad myself 2 years ago - and had no problem until now) and was wondering what sort of "NEW DARKNESS' they were spreading on the fields of the dubs .

Thanks!
    Lyd

• Xenu
    Xenu

Yeshua said.

"When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same...then you will enter the Kingdom of God."

--the gospel of thomas

Your friend missed the point of the special services that were held for others.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey lydia - this is just another loving arrangement from 'The Truthâ„¢' for people that they are trying to encourage back "You're all demons and you're all going to die" .. would entice me i'm sure ... ahem ...

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

When the Green God makes one into two, and when you make the powdered donut oracle the inside of he outside, and then eat it, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!

Freak!

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

As usual that takes a lot of nerve for someone to even send an email like that. Truly pathetic.

-Rick

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

People, try sometimes and use a search engine please?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25787&site=3#328705

I know I'm a bit late on this but I wanted to discuss the so called special talk. During the entire talk all I could think about was the fact that this was just another way for the society to keep the flock frightened about armageddon. Since their generation theory was basically going to be proved wrong they had to scrap that teaching. Now it looks like there will be constant references in the Watchtowers and public discourses about how close we are to the end.
    In the early portion of the talk the scripture at Malachi 4:5 was used. "Look! I am sending to you people Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and fear inspiring day of Jehovah."

Basically they took this scripture and applied it to themselves. The WTBS is the prophet Jehovah has sent before this great and fear inspiring day. The problem with this is that if the WTBS is that prophet God sent to us, why has this prophet made constant mistakes in predictions and interpertations of God's word over the past century?

Another scripture that was used was Jeremiah 23:32. "Here I am against the prophets of false dreams is the utterance of Jehovah, who relate them and cause my people to wander about because of their falsehoods and because of their boasting. But I myself did not send them or command them. So they will by no means benefit this people is the utterance of Jehovah."

When the speaker read this scripture it was like he read a list of charges against the society.

Going strictly by the facts who has claimed to be a prophet and urged others to beleive in false dreams?

Who has boasted over the years and also cause people to wander and be in confusion as a result of their teachings?

Without needing to stretch or embellish the truth the history of the WTBS easily stands out when those questions are answered truthfully based upon the past teachings and history of the JWs.

Its interesting that more people don't realize this.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25729&site=3#328098

I listened to the special talk.

It's so amusing to hear how self referenced the organization
    is. Whenever proof of some outrageous assertion is needed,
    a Watchtower publication is quickly quoted by the speaker.
    I don't think circular reasoning needs any better example.

What really strikes me as funny is the way Watchtower quotations
    of scriptures are so badly ripped out of context, that the
    resulting interpretation is created out of pure fantasy.
    Considering that poor confused brothers like Aulicino write
    this stuff, I guess I shouldn't be surprized.

Example: the brother quotes from 2 Peter 3 about how the
    "heavens and earth" are reserved for fire and how they will
    pass "away with a hissing noise".

He then quotes from the Watchtower that this hissing sound may
    be the present system being quickly 'whisked away' (whoosh!).

Even a child could understand the immediate context of
    being "intensely hot" causing sizzling sounds like frying.

Not a major point, but you have to marvel at how sloppy
    and careless these old men are when you teach them how to
    use a 'cut and paste' function on a PC. Why bother actually
    reading what Peter said?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25690&site=3#327493

Well today was the day of yet another special talk. You know the ones where everyone in the world is supposed to get the same one.
    Anyway, I noticed very little special about this talk which was about keeping Jehovahs fearsome day close at hand or something like that.
    It was the standard doom and gloom but arent we lucky we have a hope kind of talk and was nothing new except for one thing. There was no mention about the generation passing away. Nothing, nix, ziltch. They skipped over the scripture even! I found that quite amazing since for the longest time we have been told the generation born in 1914 wouldnt pass away before armagedon.
    Watchtower was all about living in the light. Avoid apostates was a big part of it. Simular comments were made last week. I am wondering if there isn't going to be a tightening down coming soon contrary to those that are hoping for a move to a more mainstream stance.
    Just my thoughts.
    Take care
    Nick

Yep, went there. My wife kept asking me soo, well, you know...

Just LOOOOVED those scriptural miss-interpretations! My favorite was Acts 4: 12 where they apply the person being spoken about to Jehovah and not to Jesus, where he CLEARLY is being spoken about.

Oh, then there was Christ 'parousia' since 1914 and NOT since 1874.
    Oh well. "La sigh"
    CornerStone

I got the same rundown from a friend's mom. Something about God's fiery day of judgement lol. Which was then followed by the WT article talking about how they all have the truth and everyone else is in darkness, along with a token warning about apostates.

some classic comments from the WT:
    'some flowers even grow towards the light, so it shows that even inanimate objects like the light.'

conductor: 'so there is light and darkness. is there any other third choice?' looking for the answer 'no' of course.

conductor: 'we need to avoid satan's traps, including the internet.'

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24687&site=3#313626

Hi JT,
    It's on a topic that the Society has NEVER covered before!

"Keep Close in Mind the 'Fear-Inspiring Day'!"

If you visit the Watchtower Observer site, you can read the full talk outline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit