Is there a US Data Protection Act???

by bluesapphire 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

The reason I'm asking is because we've been hangin' with some of my husband's old friends who are disfellowshipped. Seems they were inactive for over three years but the elders recently went after them and df'd them all.

First the one because he was dating a "worldly" girl and so it was assumed they were "doing it."

Then the other because when the first one was getting married he was his best man and the elders came to his house and said they would df him if he didn't back out at the last minute. His wife dropped out of the wedding and was publicly reproved. He refused and was thus df'd.

The brother of the second was df'd for having his girlfriend move into his house where he lived with his witness parents.

Anyways, I want to be prepared and am planning on telling the elders when they come to my door that I want to see everything that is in our file including our publisher cards, etc. And I would like to point to a "Data Protection" type of law as my basis.

I am pretty sure the cards are lost as the congregation was disbanded about three years ago. So I will be able to say, "You have no authority over us. You don't even have our cards. You were not there to see if we were ever baptized....."

What do you think?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

bttt anybody know????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit