WT cash flow speculation

by campaign of hate 16 Replies latest jw friends

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

So it was reported that the WT made $60,000,000 in Canada last year (?)

Working on the assumption that this figure is from not only donations, but from property revenues and other ventures from the branch, we get a figure of $528 per publisher, per year. The calculation: 60,000,000 / 113,617 (2014 av pubs) = $528 a year per publisher. OR $44 per publisher, per month.

The ACTUAL donated amount per publisher is probably much lower, but as i said, this takes into account all other ventures by the WT in Canada. Property sales etc.

Logic would dictate, that because they are using the same business model (or near enough) in all western countries, you can use the same formula to work out how much revenue they receive in the U.S. I would guess you could use $528 as a benchmark figure of per publisher revenue in western countries, to work out how much that country theoretically will produce.

For U.S. $528 x 1,186,598 (2014 av pubs) = $626,523,744.

Is this got any credibility, or am i merely over speculating?

Also, there is 13,871 congs in U.S. If you were to divide that figure by 6 (amount of congs per hall) you get 2,311 kingdom halls. if they sell all halls for $100,000, they have $231,100,000 in property assets. and that is a conservative estimate....Just in the U.S....

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I would doubt that the average is 6 congregations per hall. Maybe in dense cities or metropolitan areas, especially if they are a double kingdom hall. However there are a ton of halls that only have 1, 2, or 3 congregations meeting in them.
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I did say it was a conservative estimate.

I didn't include bethel facilities and assembly halls.

That would rack up the numbers.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I've nothing to add...I just want to follow this thread in case anyone says something insightful...
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    @Londo111.....snuffolupoghuss.....did i spell it right?
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Sounds feasible to me. I've always thought prob 20/pub/mnth. That's lil under 300 mill per year for the US
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

I've seen it said they are short on cash flow. But cash flow for what? They are not liable for any federal taxes, or sales taxes, They don't have salaries to pay because all workers are volunteer. They don't provide insurance for their workers, They don't provide a retirement plan for anyone. All their properties are paid for by the dubs. The lawsuits which are some millions can be paid in a month easily out of collections from the congregations world wide. Their publication cost are nil since they are using jworg more and reducing print material.

If they need cash flow then it has to be for something else not mentioned above. Something unusual that no one is thinking about or considering. Something outside the box of normal business operations.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I'm shocked at those numbers from Canada because every hall I ever went to the donation by the members were very low. It seamed in a lot of cases there was one or two old sisters that would maybe donate the needed funds to make up any short fall for monthly expenses. So I'm wondering if a bigger percentage of the profits in Canada weren't from assembly hall donations and other things not related to congregation contributions.
  • JeffT
    JeffT

Your $100K is low. I did some research awhile back, the Halls I could find records for on line were valued at 200-400K. I estimated that their holdings in Kingdom Halls alone are worth one to two billion dollars.

They've sold a ton of real estate in NYC over the last few years, producing something close to a billion dollars. Properly invested that alone should produce about four million dollars a month in income.

As noted above, their expenses are minimal. I can't see why they would have a cash flow problem.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe they're anticipating a tsunami of child-abuse-related court losses and don't want to have to dip into their current coffers to pay for them.

After all, I see no reason they won't continue refusing to hand over the pedo database or GB members for testimony, and we all saw the result of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit