The christian school for married couples

by wannaexit 8 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The new in thing among the rank and file is to strive to get to the christian school for married couple. This appears to substitute the school of Gilead. It's a 2 month long event and after graduation , couples are sent somewhere where the need is great in their own country. They are classified as special pioneers which means they will be pounding the doors for 130 hours a month. Unless one is over 40 then they get a break and have to pound doors for 120 hours a month.

They'll be getting a small stipend but only for one year. After that they are on their own. They give you a swift kick in the pants and leave you to fend for yourself. Isn't Jehovah's organization loving :(

• hoser
    hoser

without help from the congregation or family that would lead to burnout fairly fast.

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

What a stupid idea/school.

The WT realy support there people. Give your all to this sham or a religion then

they kick you in the arse!

When you are to old to continue

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe the GB should given a stipend for only one year and then made to fend for themselves. Would prove interesting.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

They'll be getting a small stipend but only for one year. After that they are on their own.

How the heck can you pioneer 30 to 32.5 hours a week and find time to work for money to eat?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Many will exhaust their savings, thinking that this is a worthy sacrifice. But, eventually, reality sets in.

I have seen many failures in this plan throughout the years. The couples just end up going back home.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

This is a rehash of the original pioneer school of the 80's. Only this time you have to make it work spending more time in the field. The problem with the original pioneer school was not just burnout but local congregations where the need was great resented being labeled as such and treated the pioneers badly.

• L3G
    L3G

wannexit, Thanks for the share. I can't always get such info from those I know who are still in.

slimboyfat,

" Maybe the GB should given a stipend for only one year and then made to fend for themselves. Would prove interesting."

They are considered so holy that many of the R&F would give them personal gifts to an extent even greater than they do now. Got to be nice to Christ's brothers!

• sir82
    sir82

They'll be getting a small stipend but only for one year. After that they are on their own.

Seriously? That's really harsh.

I'd like to see independent confirmation of that. We have special pioneers in our congregation who have been receiving their stipend for 4 or 5 years now.

If true, that is really, really cold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit