Contradiction in use of Proverbs 4:18

by trackregister99 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

When a teaches is changed the wt cites: Proverbs 4:18.

Now Russell is the "messenger", ex "wise and faithful servant". He as God Messenger write this:

**** w1881 february pág. 188 párr. 1 ****

If we were following a man undoubtedly it would be different
    with us; undoubtedly one human idea would contradict
    another and that which was light one or two or six years
    ago would be regarded as darkness now: But with God there
    is no variableness, neither shadow of turning, and so it is with
    truth; any knowledge or light coming from God must be
    like its author. A new view of truth never can contradict
    a former truth. “New light” never extinguishes older “light,”
    but adds to it. If you were lighting up a building containing
    seven gas jets you would not extinguish one every
    time you lighted another, but would add one light to another
    and they would be in harmony and thus give increase of light:
    So is it with the light of truth; the true increase is by adding
    to, not by substituting one for another.

The actual uses of Proverbs 4:18 is increasing the light "substituting one for another" instead "adding to" contradicting to the messenger.

If Proverbs 4:18 applies only to life style, and not to the teaches, why wt cites Proverbs 4:18?

and if Russells is the messenger of God, why wt contradict to the messenger of god in the use of Proverbs 4:18?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why did Rutherford ignore CTR's will and take over. Delusion and arrogance perhaps? I love the quote, I am going to hang it on my fridge. The trick is getting someone to see the contradiction. How can you force that? You can't. I hope the GB become so desperate that they make another 1975 type prediction, something to really dishearten more dubbies. Maybe some will awaken then.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Excellent find, trackregister99!

Now you know why the old literature written by C.T. Russel cannot be found in the Watchtower Library. And isn't it very convenient that C.T. Russel, as per new light, is no longer considered as having been part of the faithful and discreet slave? So that conveniently removes any spiritual authority to the statements in that 1881 Watchtower. Ain't new light great? New light even has the power to shed new light on new light so as to render current light on new light as old light on new light. Do you see the light?

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

Note from december 2013: I'm reanalyzing this, because it I want remove this topic. Russell was not the messenger and brothers was not the messenger in all sense, only in a certain sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit