Can Someone Tell Me Whats Going On With the Conti Case

by lambsbottom 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

I know the WT filed an appeal. Whats the latest regarding the case?

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The latest documents can be downloaded here:

www.jwleaks.org/candace-conti

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Thanks JWLEAKS

One particular submission which the WTBTS "Clawyers" tried to use is blatantly anti-Scripture:

F.

2. It Is a Violation of Appellants' (aka WTBTS) Religious Beliefs, Practices, and Policies for Congregation Elders to Disclose to Congregation Members Information Learned During Spiritual Counseling.

What did Jesus and Paul say was to happen to someone who had committed a serious wrongdoing?

(Matthew 18:17) If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. (not just a couple of elders in private)

(1 Timothy 5:20) Reprove before all onlookers (not just a couple of elders in private) persons who practice sin, that the rest also may have fear.

The whole congregation had to be informed regarding the offence, as a severe warning to the rest that such practices would not be tolerated in the Christian congregations.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's also a principle in law that justice can only be done in public, with many eyes watching. Closed-door judicial meetings are a travesty. Which I might add, is one of the driving forces of wikileaks; no government done in secret.

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Wow, after reading a number of pages for the lengthy appeal, I have to say that I think the judgement will stand. I think the only change the WT has is to have the punitive damages reduced a bit. However, I think that the public is tired of non-profits using the corporate shield as a way to weasel themselves out of trouble.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Appellants' activities and their knowledge of Kendrick did not give rise to a general duty to protect Plaintiff from Kendrick. -wow, just wow

Also: In fact, that record reveals that no witness testified that any congregation elder assigned Plaintiff and Kendrick to field service together.

Well, if there were any "Witnesses" to that fact, they would've been disfellowshipped themselves.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

WOW! Forgot those scriptures!!!! Thanks! LOL!

(Matthew 18:17) If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. (not just a couple of elders in private)

(1 Timothy 5:20) Reprove before all onlookers (not just a couple of elders in private) persons who practice sin, that the rest also may have fear.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

To my understanding did Wachtower lawers quote the bible?

• zeb
    zeb

There is a very good report from the 'Religious News-writers Association' on 'Silent Lambs.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit