Is selling approved stage furniture at inflated prices one of the wt's money making schemes?

by hoser 3 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Is selling tables and lecterns for the kingdom hall stage platform part of the money making scheme of the wts? I have heard this from two different congregations now.

The co rolls into town and says you need new furniture for the platform. $10,000 was one figure I was told ouch!

A sister in another hall said it was "very expensive" but wouldn't go any further when questioned

when will the jw's wake up and start voting with their pocketbook?

hoser

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Not surprised.

In reality the whole thing runs on a franchise model. Each congregation needs to follow all the feel/look guidelines , and of course the Watchtower organization has all the compliant items.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Lending money to those who donated it in a first place to build a Kingdom Hall that will belong to the Watchtower and getting the sames donators to repay the loan is the ultimate money scheme...

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Who does the check get written out to for the furniture? I'd be suspect that in the end the company who makes it/sells it is tied to a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit