Egg On Watchtower's Face

by silentlambs 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

The Watchtower PR Crew came to Paducah last Thursday and filmed an interview denouncing the recent media attention given by victims of pedophiles within the organization. They thought they were going to be exonerated by the mighty Watchtower PR Department. Local witnesses mounted a huge call the television station effort to get them to run the sacred "PR" piece that would give them vindication from the truth. All the local witnesses tuned in and called all of their worldly relatives to tell them to be sure and watch the news tonight as the REAL story was going to come out.......... Can you guess what happened? It was the top story of the 6 o'clock news, it featured my orginial statements about the wt protecting pedophiles. Then it showed Tom Carrothers the local city overseer who looked like he was scared to death, making one statement. "If a pedophile confessed they would have to call Watchtower Legal to see what to do." Then the reporter went on to say they were inundated by e-mails from victims, who said it had happened to them. The reporter, Earnie Mitchell, then read off five of the e-mails, One said it was a huge problem in the organization, another said an elders son was caught with his hand down the panties of an 8 year old and nothing was done. A sister's husband who was an elder refused to turn in a child molester, and finally when a sister son was molested the elders told her to not go to police, but to wait on Jehovah.........
    The piece then went to Missouri elder Earl Norman who said basically he had never dealt with a case of molestation and did not know of any problem. Way to go Earl I guess all those victims were lying. The reporter went on to say the local witnesses had called in mass to get the wt video aired, yet the victims had made their point.
    I had a person who is a friend who is not a witness call me. He said his daughter who is a witness, called him and said to be sure and watch the news as he was going to get the real story tonight. He was laughing and said she had not called him back, since the story aired. Way to go Watchtower please keep it up, with help like this I may just stop and let them run my publicity campaign about the pedophile paradise that exist within. Lets see, you have egg on your face, foot in your mouth, and you just shot yourself in both feet. Ease up guys I need a break. You have me laughing at you so much my sides are killing me.............
    The Associated Press is running Sunday in a newspaper near you, plus due to the fine efforts of Watchtower PR the Paducah Sun is going to run my letter to the editor next Monday that rebukes the local needs part. Stay tuned more to come...........

If anyone would like to thank Earnie Mitchell for the news story, you can e-mail him at [email protected]

• mommy
    mommy

Silentlambs,
    Thank you for the update! I am grinning from ear to ear for you!
    The sweet taste of victory seems right around the corner, it will be great to get this nationally
    Thank you for the diligence you have given this matter, I know this cannot have been an easy road for you. And I think it you still have a while to travel, just know our love and prayers are with you.
    wendy

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Silentlambs,

Thanks for this humorous update. I can't wait to see what happens next.

• zev
    zev

my 2 cents...

before a couple of months ago... i had never heard of this.
    it wasn't till i started visiting forums like this that i became aware of this problem. and to say the least, it has disturbed me since.
    i have not been aware of this going on in my area, but there again, would it be covered up so well that no one would know? very disturbing. i don't watch tv news, but i do listen to "talk" radio on my commute to work, and i have not once heard a peep about any of this. so it has me wondering now....what else is there being handled like this? i'll be keeping my eyes open and my ears peeled from now on.

__

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Thanks for the update. It's about time the WTBTS has to face up to what it really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit