Special Meeting?

by Bob_NC 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

What "special meeting" is going on this weekend? Or it may be several weekends? Not the Annual Meeting that everyone is pumped up about, but a "special meeting" that I heard an elder say he is attending this weekend. Is this a pump-up for elders before the annual meeting? Ideas? I am in the eastern US if that helps.

Bob in NC

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

I dont know. Mmm :)

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

I too am wondering

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The elders are going down to the assembly halls to be prepared for the massive attendance during the annual meeting. That's all I was told about this special meeting this weekend. There's probably more he's not telling me. I also heard that some kingdom halls will be getting streaming video of the annual meeting next Saturday.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Ah ha. Thank you. So they are making this a really big friggin deal. My old Assembly Hall holds assemblies every weekend. There is no way that even a fraction of the congregation publishers can attend.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Or maybe its' similar to the special elders meeting that was held on the West Coast in Southern California on August 30 and September 1 of last month where a couple of WT heavys came out where there were 5,000 elders assembled on two different days to promote a fund raiser.

It is a big push to collect upwords of $200 million supposedly to build 72 Kingom Halls that WT says are greatly needed in that area.

Something tells me though that that $200 million is being earmarked for something else....perhaps to fund the big settlements of JW child molestation cases!

I wonder if the same type of fund raiser is being attempted on the east coast with sinister intent!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,here the Annual meeting is prerecorded,and congregations are taking turns being at the Assembly hall for the recorded 3 hour program. They are having two seperate meetings,Saturday and Sunday,morning and afternoon. I'm not sure if they are adding weekends to this or not.

But,I'm not sure of any special elders' meeting.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It is a big push to collect upwords of $200 million supposedly to build 72 Kingom Halls that WT says are greatly needed in that area.

Something tells me though that that $200 million is being earmarked for something else....perhaps to fund the big settlements of JW child molestation cases!

jw gonebad , I only hope thats true . What else is it going to take to wake JWs up to this religous scam.

Human beings,witnesses included ,sooner or later wake up to the fact they are being fleeced financially.

Admittadly witnesses are slow learners in this excercise.However sooner or later the penny will drop .

" You can only pull the wool over the eyes of someone for so long " and only then they start thinking .

smiddy

• sir82
    sir82

There was a "test run " of sorts this weekend for all the locations which are exhibiting the video feed of the annual meeting. Everybody and anybody connected with the A/V department in the assembly halls or kingdom halls where the video feed will go had to practice this weekend to make sure they knew which buttons to push for next weekend, to make sure there are no technical glitches.

Nothing more exciting than that.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

They had to present the contents of the annual meeting at this strange venue before getting the final OK from the Rothschilds...

The 8 delusional dudes in Brooklyn are seated on the balcony. They're flanked by DO's and some select CO's...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit