Last nights meeting.

by DS211 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DS211
    DS211

So last night i was at the meeting and the local needs talk was given about "how we did last year". Naturally the brither said the avg was 9. something hours yadda yadda and theres room for improvement. However what REALLY caught my attention was this..the brother said "there was pretty good time spent REACTIVATING ones who have fallen away from Jehovahs organization." My eyes widened a bit at the robotic-like reference, like all they needed to do was flip a switch. Freaky.

Naturally another important point was resding Acts chapter sixteen where Paul and Silas are imprisoned and sing in prison. And the prison is suddenly split apart and the prison doors opened. Then:

27 The jailer, being awakened out of sleep and seeing the prison doors were open, drew his sword and was about to do away with himself, imagining that the prisoners had escaped. 28 But Paul called out with a loud voice, saying: “Do not hurt yourself, for we are all here!” 29 So he asked for lights and leaped in and, seized with trembling, he fell down before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them outside and said: “Sirs, what must I do to get saved?”31 They said: “Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will get saved, you and your household.” 32 And they spoke the word of Jehovah to him together with all those in his house. 33 And he took them along in that hour of the night and bathed their stripes; and, one and all, he and his were baptized without delay

So notice: 1) the jailer only had to believe on the Lord to get he and his household saved. And 2) KEY POINT!!! He was baptized in THAT HOUR of the night without delay. How did the watchtowerians react? Verse 32 was a bible study and no doubt his family were just as devoted to serve jehovah. Are you kidding me???? Mustve been very receptive and fast recall of all of Jehovahs principles, as well as clearly qualified for baltism after all the baptismal questions....lol

oh and WHOSE name did he have to believe on? Jehovah??? hm apparently in this case Jesus name was ok....(no doubt they let them know that in the future a monk would learn Gids name was Jehovah and here became two names in which we must get saved...hm

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Comon DS, you need to add one more hour a month in FS. Then the next special needs talk will no longer be needed

• DS211
    DS211

Lol right on. Ill be sure to fudge my report...im sure i spoke with someone for 5 minutes that i can count for an hour.

• jam
    jam

Why would the jailer wont to kill himself when an earthquake

jarred the prison doors open? Most people would haul ass out

of there and not worry about the prisoners, considering the

prison was made out of stones and rocks.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB says, " LORD or Lord, lord,... Tracy Lords, we don't care! It's all JEHOVAH! (tm) " I was thinking Brokehovah, or Jehobo might be the new pronunciation announced at the AGM, cause it seem like he needs money all the time.

Anyway, great catch! One of the great things about waking up to the TTATT is sitting in a room full of JWs and actually SEEING what the scriptures actually say. Checking the footnotes, finding cross references that lead nowhere. Finding certain subject omitted from the index. You look around a bit, " Did anyone else hear that? Do they know that I know this? Am I taking crazy pills? Don't they see that Jeremiah is talking about THEM?! Hananiah are you on stage?!" Whatever you do, don't get caught reading your bible with a highliter during the meeting, and don't have a concordance lying around your home for others to see!

I remember my first DC after learning TTATT. I prayed to find truth, and for my mind to be protected from the lies. I'll tell you something, read through all of 1st and 2nd Peter, and realize it was written to YOU. Learning TTATT is hard, and there are many emotions and stages and anger at everyone from your parent to God, but it's all good. It works out if you don't fight it.

Peace,

DD

• DS211
    DS211

Thats where im at now...i am focused on truth, on righteousness and being a good person and crediting that to Christ and God...the more i study the more i see just how wrong they are...they search the criptures and preach Jehovah and yet theyre taught not to "come to" Christ. Im beginning to understand that relationship....not an "arrangement" of different classes of jeremiah class, john class, slave class, jackass class lol. Were all brothers and our focus should be love and brotherhood with each other. ive felt more acceptance and brotherhood on this forum in the first few days than 3 years in the org. So much for evil apostates ay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit