Question about the Pope

by Verenda 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Verenda
    Verenda

Has anyone else heard about the new Pope trying to establish one worldwide religion? The UN is expected to follow with declarations of peace. Apparently many witnesses ae discussing this and see it as a sign of the end.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarking)

• prologos
    prologos

could be done if Mary is wearing a Burka.

what a convoluted way to have WT think appear to have a link to reality.

• designs
    designs

Hey this new Pope said I (an atheist) gets to be in heaven how cool is that

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Altho there is a one earth federation on Star Trek and a federation of planets, one world government is a crazy concept. Nations love their aggregation of power. The UN is hardly one world government. This pope seems to be far more compassionate and dominant than past popes. Of course, even at its height of power in Europe in the Middle Ages, the Church represented only Western Europe. A lot of the planet was composed of quite different religions.

A casual glance at the New York Times or Wall Street Journal on any given day shows all the fractures between nations and changing coalitions. Most countries foreign policy is based on what is best for that country. Look at the US national stage. Are the Dems and GOP likely to sign up for a one world government? They are too busy bashing others in their own party and cross party.

The UN is a coalition, not a government. It appears that some parts of the globe convene to pass necessary international laws, such as monetary policy. Read any IMF or World Bank literature and the tensions between nations are evident.

Perhaps if there were a nuclear holocaust, a one world govt might be feasible. I believe, though, that paranoia would set in and chaos would be more likely than one world government.

I don't believe Star Trek ever discussed how the earth and the United Federation of Planets evolved. Even on Star Trek, however, portions of the earth retain their identity. There were always clashes wtihin the Federation.

• juanvazquez88
    juanvazquez88

The catholic church always want the unification of all christian denominations, as is mention in John 17, 21...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Apparently many witnesses ae discussing this and see it as a sign of the end.

If a JW doesn't see their turds flush down the toilet, they see that as a sign of the end.

Agree with Designs, I heard the pointy hat wearing one is cool with atheists - so I'm cool with him.

• losingit
    losingit

I don't know if I'm really arguing this position, but recently I got into a discussion with a history teacher about the UN being a confederacy, a government of loosely linked nations. He gave the example of the EU being a confederacy, and that the UN is trying to follow along in its footsteps. I wish I knew more about the UN, but there are charters and mandates and court systems and declarations issued and established by the UN. These institutions give more than just the appearance of government- - they arr followed by each member state on a voluntary basis .It is ppossible for a one world government to be establishe, but not the way we think of it where states give up their ssovereignty.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No one would go to the meeting if the WTBTS/GB/FDS stopped speculating about world events. I mean, how long have they been " watching the world?" They have never learned their lesson about speculations and the "end times." After 120+ years of guess work they have to keep it fresh!

• pacloc
    pacloc

The Catholic Church does not and can not do anything like that. The Church has always been interested in new ways to unite with other religions in hopes that they will eventually join the fullness of truth. That is why the popes try to have good relationships with protestants, jews, Orthodox, Muslim, etc. The Church, contrary to what the media and people think, can not change in its dogma/doctrine. JW are very good at making it look like the Church has changed, when in reality it has not. Read the Church Fathers and then read Pope Benedict's works, it is eye opening.

It is sad that the good being done by the Church in terms of peace is being labeled by brainwashed JW's as signs of the end of the world. But when there are peaceful relations among their own kind, it is sign that "Jehovah" is supporting their work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit