Creating the appearance of transparency to mitigate the appearance of impropriety

by NeverKnew 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

So, as a non-jw, one of the queries I leverage after taking them to realities within their literature is, "why do the 'worldlies' know this stuff about your religion and you don't? Why didn't they explain the evolution of your doctrines?" ...and "who really IS the faithful and discreet slave and HOW is the information transmitted again?"

I was really able to capitalize on "seems to me like they make a statement (Truth A), then reverse it (Truth B) without anyone calling them on it and requiring that they explain the reversal. How do you cope with that?"

Things were so much easier to show the shadiness of the organization back in the old days (a year ago).

In the last few months, the WTS has:

Allowed access to this secret meeting the first week in October (that wasn't so secret last year and as a result may have "stumbled" a few who caught wind of it before the July, 2013 Watchtower)

Openly revealed that old truths had been "adjusted" to new truths

I'm wondering if this "appearance of transparency" trick is really a preemptive attempt to thwart the attacks of the evil Internet god (clearly ruled by Satan).

They are really screwing up my playbooks.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I'm wondering if this "appearance of transparency" trick is really a preemptive attempt to thwart the attacks of the evil Internet god (clearly ruled by Satan).

NeverKnew- I think you are right on here. I think with the spread of information on the internet, there's a need to hurry and "adjust" matters before majority of JWs catch on to what's out there about the org. That way it appears to come from "new light"-instead of the org being exposed by various outside sources.

I was thinking along the same lines. It couldn't be by coincidence that there has been so much focus at the assemblies and conventions about association with Df'd/Da'd family members; Apostates and their use of the internet, TV and personal letters; bad association in general; preparing the heart for trials ahead; resisting doubt; independent thinkers; obey the org at all cost, etc.

This way all basis are covered when "adjustments" are made to "old truths". There's no room to question, doubt, or listen to apostates that put bought to light the organizations flaws.

It's pretty slick if you don't know TTATT because if or when you encounter any such things they've focused on, you view it as, oh thank Jah for the "proper food at the proper time" how loving! Meanwhile the org has known what was coming down the pipeline all along.

I wonder if it could backfire on a larger scale? Right before I started to learn TTATT there was a talk about apostates at an assembly, at first I didn't give it much weight as I didn't know of any, or much about them. I'd just heard stories of them back in the day picketing in front of the KH. But after so much focus at this assembly, I became curious just what's going on that there's is a need to focus on apostates? Well here I am learning TTATT and posting on an apostate site.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Welcome!

All this transparency is reducing my effectiveness. My knowledge was starting to come off as mystical. I should have known it was too good to last.

Have they introduced new 'truth' with phrases like "this is an adjustment..." in the magazines in the past? The reversal articles I've been exposed to just declared the new 'truth'...

...with no Vaseline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit