The Urantia Book

by chrisuk 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Has anyone here read The Urantia Book? I was recently made aware of it and so far I've only read the wikipedia on it. There's a part of it that apperently goes in to more detail than the Bible about the life of Jesus. I'm not saying I believe this book is in anyway inspired, I just find what I've read on Wikipedia about it interesting.

So has anyone read it? Thanks in advance for any info.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's just another whacky take on "The Truth."

“Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who [claim to] find it.” – Voltaire

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I downloaded it as a PDF, but haven't read much of it- it's over 2,000 pages! I think it is a kind of 20th century commentary on the Bible?

• zound
    zound

I read a small snippet that was posted on anointedjw about John the Baptists 12 disciples - as far as I could tell it was pure speculation (claiming to be inspired) and fleshing out a single line of scripture into a much larger story. I'd be interested in what others have to say who have read more.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Thanks for the replies. I've downloaded the epub version for my phone, I'm particularly interestead in the extended story of Jesus' life.

• grgsct
    grgsct

Chrisuk, If you want to ask any questions about the book, you can ask me. I have read it, the whole thing. If you want to you can send me an email at [email protected]. I will answer any questions you have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit