Out Geo-caching and I see my elder uncle and aunt

by LouBelle 1 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Over the weekend some friends and I were out geo-caching and having quite a lot of fun. At the one point I saw a chap dropping of an elderly sister and jokingly said to my mates, looks like jw's. Turns out it is my elder uncle. See my aunt sitting in the passengers side. They have to turn the car around and drive towards me. The 3 friends I was with turned to face them directly and shake their heads staring them down. I love those friends.

Later on that day I get a message from a JW I new ages ago. A chap who dated a friend of mine and ended up lying about me to her and thus our friendship ended. Perhaps he saw me at the protest?? He said he wanted to catch up on the good old days. I point blankly asked why and informed him that I am not a JW, don't want to be "encouraged" / coerced / guilted into returning. My decision is final and I want nothing to do with the faith. I got a very brief "well no worries then" reply. *eyeroll and laugh* I am so happy I am free of those people and the faith - I can be my true, honest, direct self and I love that.

• losingit
    losingit

Awesome! Geocaching sounds fun:-) u have great friends in your life. Good that you stood up for yourself :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit