need Help with quote

by turtleturtle 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Looking for that quote from the WT that says something like:

It does matter which religion we belong to because we are responsible in part for that religions decisions.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Possibly in an article containing Rev 18:4?

*** g96 11/8 p. 8 One Religion Will Remain ***
    The voice that John heard from heaven gives us a clue: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.” (Revelation 18:4) It is evident that God himself is here speaking to his people. Note that he does not command his people to mix in with the harlot in an ecumenical effort to save her by helping her to adjust to a decent life. No, there is no remedy for her. Therefore, he commands them to get out of and stay away from her in order to avoid being contaminated by her gross sinfulness and to avoid eventually being judged and destroyed together with her.

• Fernando
    Fernando

*** w80 11/1 p. 7 Is It True that “All Have Sinned”? ***
    Finally, false religion can lead us into sin. Apart from such wrong practices as idolatry and spiritism, which are expressly forbidden in the Bible, merely belonging to a false religion is shown to be sinful. Describing false religion as a great worldwide city called Babylon the Great, the last book of the Bible says: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.” (Rev. 18:4) False religion is guilty of great sins. She has misrepresented the only true God, persecuted God’s true servants and mixed in with politics. All of those who belong to false religion share in those sins in that they support the organizations that commit them.

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

Fernando, what does w80 stand for?

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

never mind. Just figured it out. Thank you

for this info.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I've never thought about it before but the g96 quote suggests that EVERYONE who supports part of Babylon the Great is toast at the big A. Given the WTS' doublespeak on billions being killed this is an interesting point.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

*** g87 9/8 10-11 Future Prospects for Protestantism-And for You! ***
    If Your Church Fails to Act, Will You? If, after making an honest investigation, you are less than pleased with what you see, do more than just complain. A journalist, while commenting on Karl Barth’s statement that a church is its members, logically concluded: “Church members . . . are responsible for what the church says and does.” So ask yourself: Am I willing to share responsibility for everything my church says and does? Can I really be proud of having all its members as spiritual brothers? While considering these questions, do not overlook the significance of Revelation 18:4, 8. Speaking of the world empire of false religion, displeasing to God, it says: “Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues . . . [for] her plagues [shall] come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.” You may sincerely believe that your church is no part of false religion that God says he will soon destroy. But your life depends upon being 100 percent sure. Are you? False religion has no future, nor do those who support it. True religion will last forever, along with those who practice it. Make your choice accordingly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit