"Youth Indoctrination" (Atheist Experience show #832)

by adamah 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adamah
    adamah

The 'Atheist Experience' cable TV show had an excellent segment today on religious indoctrination of young people, presented by the ever-smiling Tracie Harris; it's worth a look, with great advice, and it rings true to JW methods of raising children to a tee:

http://blip.tv/the-atheist-experience-tv-show/atheist-experience-832-indoctrination-6645496

Adam

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Looks interesting, but an hour...well, I'll have to put it on another day and listen while I cook or something.

• adamah
    adamah

Julia said-

Looks interesting, but an hour...well, I'll have to put it on another day and listen while I cook or something.

Oh, that's a good point: the show typically begins with a 10-15 minute segment on whatever the topic of the show is (eg indoctrination), but then the rest of the show goes to a call-in Q&A format where the callers can talk about any topic.

BTW, theists are encouraged to call the show and ask questions.

Adam

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

I tried to listen to it. The first 5 or so minutes was just chit chat stuff and promotion of other websites. Then they started the nitty gritty. Sounded interesting. Seems like the woman was a JW by some of her word choices but including traits of other religions too. But then my computer started jumping and it was all jumbled. I would have kept listening though while I was doing something else. Maybe another time.

• cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit