TLC Program -- Car Crash with JW

by sunscapes 3 Replies latest jw friends

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

I posted this in another thread...did anyone see this very program? The Learning Channel in one of those Wild Police Chase video programs...

About the "music"...

did any one here watch a TLC program that comes on once in a while about wild police chases and there's this chase where a car crashes INTO A SET OF GAS PUMPS, and just sits there stunned and dazed in his white car while the officers yell at him to get out now, then one of the officers sacrifices his safety and uses his cruiser to bump off this freak from the burning gas pump island and out of the fire....then an officer comments on the blaring "classical music" he heard blaring from his car stereo at FULL BLAST all the while he seemed oblivious to this whole situation?

Guess what that "classical music" at full blast was? A Kingdom Melody! I can't remember exactly, but I think it was song 144 or such. It never dawned on me until I saw the show again a few months later. I couldn't believe it, until I got out the song book, hummed a few bars to the song, and it matched!

BTW; I found the exact song this dude was blaring just now; it was song 181, Join In The Kingdom Song (when it was blaring from the car radio it was a dead ringer for a Kingdumb Melody...all I did was match it to the tune in my head at the time....) It was a hoot though that the officer refered to it as "classical music" LOL
  • Cassiline
    Cassiline

Hello Sun,

Yes, I have seen the very shot you are speaking of. I thought the music was familiar but unaware of where it was from. I wonder how many active JW's have watched that footage and have said to themselves OMG that's one of our songs!!! ( since TLC and Discovery channel are on their lists of "OK" channels to watch at times, of course let the watcher use discernment)LOL

Now I will have to watch for a repeat to listen to the music again!!
    Good Ears Sun!

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Well, it's song 181, i'll be damned! Good, you saw that too.

It seems that the poor guy was at the end of his rope...probably recently deleted/shunned/DF'd...and it's a point blank illustration of what that cult does to your mind. Reminds me of many other such ones lately who just snap. Now you've got it on TLC. BTW great channel; love Junkyard Wars and that funky British accent and that Cathy Rogers chick! he he

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I saw that program and I caught that as well. Seems he was listening to a tape of Kingdom melodies #4

Loved that part..."I can save your life, just take off the handcuffs."
    Suuurree you could!!!!
    I could hear it now........"after being unjustly arrested, I started talking to the officers about the new system. I started 5 studies that day and 2 of the officers were baptized at the last district assembly"......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit