JW.ORG on Everything

by anonread 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anonread
    anonread

Why do they have jw.org on all their social medai like Instagram. Were they told to do that? Also WTF is up with all their accounts being private?? You're not a god damn celebrity, get over yourself no one cares. Or did the society tell them to keep it private so the "apostates" don't sneak in?

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor
    I told my wife the other day that putting that logo on everything is akin to idolatry.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I think it's so distasteful. But I have been outright told people in my family feel like I left th truth ages ago because I don't post pics on social media at the conventions, showing off new releases, etc. They thought I stopped going to meetings and conventions. How insane is that???? I have never posted that crap even when I was being a good R&F.
  • Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    I haven't been to meetings (except memorial) in a couple years so I'm out of touch with what is allowed and what isn't. Didn't the gb tell people not to join facebook? I'm assuming this must have changed?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Just a handful of years Closer to Fine they trashed ALLLLL social media to no end. In fact at that time, the holier than thous in my family criticized myself and others for having accounts it was a big to do. The Org hasn't said go to social media, but they have completely stopped the campaign AGAINST and so now there is a green light. So all those people who once criticized me for being on social media, are on, and have now shunned me for not putting JW propaganda. I believe the Org is keeping its mouth shut just in case this backfires in anyway, so they can blame the RF, "see remember we told you a long time ago social media was dangerous!!"

But for now its working for them, but also I believe against, there is a lot of thought provoking TTATT out there on social media.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

It's called Branding. They have created a logo to promote their brand of religion, and they have brainwashed their followers to advertise their brand ... for free.

Also, I don't mind all their accounts being private. They can keep that shit to themselves!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    it was only back to 2011 that they were still trashing the internet not very long ago at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit