Online Donations to Jehovah's Witnesses with Credit Cards

by Badfish 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Badfish
    Badfish

Is this site for real or is it a scam?

http://www.jwgift.org

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Domain ID:D99676727-LROR Domain Name:JWGIFT.ORG Created On:20-Aug-2003 17:41:04 UTC Last Updated On:21-Aug-2013 01:21:36 UTC Expiration Date:20-Aug-2014 17:41:04 UTC Sponsoring Registrar:1 & 1 Internet AG (R73-LROR) Status:OK Status:AUTORENEWPERIOD Registrant ID:SPAG-45078580 Registrant Name:Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain Registrant Organization:Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain Registrant Street1:IBSA House Registrant Street2:The Ridgeway Registrant Street3: Registrant City:London Registrant State/Province: Registrant Postal Code:NW7 1RN Registrant Country:GB Registrant Phone:+44.2089062211 Registrant Phone Ext.: Registrant FAX: Registrant FAX Ext.: Registrant Email:is.gb@jw.org Admin ID:SPAG-45078580 Admin Name:Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain Admin Organization:Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain Admin Street1:IBSA House Admin Street2:The Ridgeway Admin Street3: Admin City:London Admin State/Province: Admin Postal Code:NW7 1RN Admin Country:GB Admin Phone:+44.2089062211 Admin Phone Ext.: Admin FAX: Admin FAX Ext.: Admin Email:is.gb@jw.org Tech ID:SPAG-45078580 Tech Name:Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain Tech Organization:Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain Tech Street1:IBSA House Tech Street2:The Ridgeway Tech Street3: Tech City:London Tech State/Province: Tech Postal Code:NW7 1RN Tech Country:GB Tech Phone:+44.2089062211 Tech Phone Ext.: Tech FAX: Tech FAX Ext.: Tech Email:is.gb@jw.org Name Server:NS33.1AND1.CO.UK Name Server:NS34.1AND1.CO.UK
  • Badfish
    Badfish

Thanks. I guess it's for real then. A friend of mine said that one thing that sets the Witnesses apart from most religious groups on the Internet is that they don't ask for money, such as asking for donations or selling books, DVDs, etc. For instance, the Mormons' Online Store:

http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategories1_715839595_10557_-1_

But I Googled it and found this jwgifts.org which is apparently there just to get money.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Interesting that the domain was created 10 years ago.. and is only renewed it seems on a yearly basis.. maybe encase the end comes.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's genuine alright.

My wife donates each year via this site and gets a letter from London Bethel thanking her, plus a Tax receipt.

George

• Badfish
    Badfish

The admin's email is gb@jworg... At first I though that stood for Governing Body, then I realized it's Great Britain. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit