Nanowrimo

by zound 4 Replies latest jw friends

• zound
    zound

Anyone writing a novel in a month this november?

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

I might have a go with the first draft of my current novel. But on the other hand... I've seen so many prematurely published novels that I'm a bit dubious about anything which might encourage folk to go for the quick-publish option. But the discipline of setting a substantial target - and the boost from reaching it - could be pretty good.

Anyone else?

Rob Crompton

http://snigsfoot.blogspot.com

• donuthole
    donuthole

I'll be participating once again. I always look forward to it.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've tried a couple of times. Made it the first time, not the second two. I've got two other projects I'm working on right now (one sort of JW related) I'm putting on my block and a sci-fi piece for some military history people I talk to on another board. Maybe I'll try to finish the second of those on Nano, I'll just adjust my starting point for the word count. Might be a good way to finish, rather than start, a book.

You guys be sure to friend me, if I'm in I'll let you know.

• donuthole
    donuthole

NaNoWriMo is good excuse for me to hammer out a first draft (or at least a sizeable chunk of one.)

I did Paradise Earth in 2010 and Happiness: How to Find It in 2011.

I'm not sure what I'll attempt for 2013, currently thinking:

1.) "Dark Side of the Moon" , a campy retro blaxpoitation sci-fi romp.

2.) "Truth", a book adaption of a JW screenplay I wrote many years ago when I was a Witness.

It all depends on what frame of mind I'm at the time. If I'm happy #1 or if I'm depressed #2. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit