Victorian Aust. Royal Comission into Child Abuse

by smiddy 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy
    smiddy

Today Mon.16 Sept.marks the first day of the inquiry opening to public submissions . ( I hope I have worded that right ) and I`m sure someone will tell me if I didnt, and rightly so as its an important step in this enquirey.

From today submissions are being heard from organisations that held responsibility for children in their care such as the YMCA , Boy scouts , Girl Guides , etc.etc.

Apparently religous institutions will be heard at a later date.

Note : This is the chance for the public to air their concerns , and from what I hear, their are thousands of submissions already on the table.

I think this will go on for at least the middle of next year if not longer.

smiddy

• zound
    zound

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

BTTTT

Thanks for posting this thread smiddy.

I hope that other Australians on JWN will submit their comments about how the WTBTS affected their lives to the Commission. Go Aussies!!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• mP
    mP

The commission very much has an agenda. I wonder if they will be making criminal charges or using the info presented to start additional charges against said parties or is this just an exercise to gather info and make a report.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The commission very much has an agenda. I wonder if they will be making criminal charges or using the info presented to start additional charges against said parties or is this just an exercise to gather info and make a report.

mP , If I remember correctly the commission has no powers to prosecute or bring criminal charges against anyone or any organization.My understanding was for the commission to gather information , make a report , and make recomendations based on their findings .Then it is up to the powers that be ,as to what action if any, is to be taken. I`m confident their will be , though it wont happen anytime soon.

smiddy

• mP
    mP

Smiddy:

it does not need to how powers to prosecute, but it would be nice if the police took notes and charged the parties themselves. That is their job, to watch out for stuff like this or listen to the public. I mean if someone admits fault and presents evidence of a crime to any public or gov body then the police should take an interest and grab them. If tghey dont then the entire exercise is a waste of time because it changes almost nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit