I need help from someone who knows Watchtower History!

by ILoveTTATT 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi all!

I need help... I need to know certain things regarding Watchtower history. For example, I know via jwfacts.com that the WTS has printed various treatises on Revelation. In order, "The Finished Mistery," "Light"... etc... until the "Revelation" book now.

I need to know the order of publication of the following:

"Bible Study Books": i.e. Studies in the Scriptures (?), followed by The truth Shall Make You Free (?), followed by The Truth that Leads to Everlasting Life, followed by You Can Live Forever... etc... up to the Bible Teach book.

"Youth-geared books": Starting from Children (?) to Young People Ask

"Children-geared books": All the way up to Bible Stories...

Please help me... the help will be for people to know TTATT in a very oblique angle...

Thanks!!

ILTTATT

• minimus
    minimus

Too bad you can't find an old literature cost list the literature counter used to have. They had all that info on their book.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Thank you minimus! I think the list of publications is also on the WT Library, in the Index. However, I do not want to miss a book or publication, and some of the titles are just shown but no explanation as to what they were.

I want to have a collection kind of like Atlantis's... Have any and all WT publications all the way back to the beginning... Just to know what changes have been made throughout the years.

For example, JWFacts put up an article on the many changes in the revelation treatises... The Finished Mistery and the Revelation book seem to be from two totally different religions!! (They are!!)

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

http://dushelov.no-ip.org/ftp/wtlib/WTPUB-eng/

site is in Russian, publications seem to be all in english, click on the russian named directory and it will show you english pubs. You should be able to figure it out. I think this is one of the largest wts collections I've seen for dl.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

So for "Bible Study Aids", I have:

Studies in the Scriptures (All 7 volumes), then Riches (1936), then “The Truth Shall Make You Free” (1943), then "Let God be True" (1946), then The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life (1968), then You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth (1982), then Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life (1995), then What Does the Bible Really Teach (2005).

Have I missed any? Please let me know!

ILTTATT

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

Go here and click on Look Inside. If your scroll down to near the end of the viewable chunk, you find a bibliography with authorship (where know) and dates of publication. It isn't a complete bibliography - only what was relevant to my study at the time. And includes nothing after the mid 1990s.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0227679393/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

(If you want a copy, PM me for a seensible price on this!)

Rob Crompton

• JeffT
  • ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Thank you JeffT!! I think you nailed it! It's what I needed!!

Thanks to everyone else too!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

A more complete list:

So for "Bible Study Aids", I have:

Studies in the Scriptures (All 7 volumes) (1886 - 1917), then The Harp of God (1921), then Riches (1936), then “The Truth Shall Make You Free” (1943), then "Let God be True" (1946), then Things in Which it is Impossible for God to Lie (1965), then The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life (1968), then You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth (1982), then Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life (1995), then What Does the Bible Really Teach (2005)

Quite a bit of different "Bible Study Aids"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit