Waking up from the JW dream... The biggest loss for me, was the idea of justice.

by adjusted knowledge 7 Replies latest jw friends

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Being a JW you're able to ignore bad things to some level. It's the lazy way of saying, "Jehovah will deal with it soon". But when I loss my faith, the biggest gut wrench was the idea that true justice was just an illusion. That bad people in this world, and many of them, never face justice for their bad actions. I think of the man who held those three young women captive for a decade. I wonder in our world how many sick men and women are out there like him. They never have to answer to their evilness.

As a witness, I never worried too much. I was glad a just God would set all things right.The tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands of people is another mind blowing event that sadden me as a non-believer. It just showed how meaningless really we are. No more important than microbes in a Petri dish. I was told as a witness that God would intervene if the world was to face utter destruction (for example stopping a nuclear war, or diverting a planetary meteor). Anyone else was ever taught that as a JW? Yes, the religion made it easy at time not worry about such things, but focus on the really important stuff like getting those 10 hours in field service.

Facing reality is a hard thing to do. Another good reason religion and the Watchtower will be around for a long long time.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

THE JW - Doctine of Justice is Completely Wrong, however that does not mean that Justice Does Not Exist.

This topic is dealt with extensively in Psalms, and the result is Simple.

The Evil, may not suffer now, but they will not Prosper like the righteous, perhaps like Job ( "Why do the wicked live on, growing old and increasing in power?")

we don't perfectly understand how Justice will be Dispersed, however Stay Strong, just because you don't understand things right now, doesn't mean you must give up, and abandon all faith.

Everything in the Universe is Governed by the Perfect Laws of Justice, and it never Fails.

Try rethinking what you know of God.. Erase the God that you learned of as a witness, Look inside yourself, and look at Creation, and contemplate what kind of person you are, or what kind of person you wish you were.

We see in God, what we are our selves - Psalm 25:9 "He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way."

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I hear ya. facing reality is a really difficult thing to do. Recently i just try to focus on the little things around me to get my mind off of what i feel I've lost. The smile of a friend, colorful flowers, a pretty fluttering butterfly, the good taste of something i like to eat, encouraging and commending kids, sunsets, a mountain hike etc..

Try rethinking what you know of God.. Erase the God that you learned of as a witness, Look inside yourself, and look at Creation, and contemplate what kind of person you are, or what kind of person you wish you were.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Last part of post was cut off.

Great advice LAWHFol. Dreams can be rethought and replaced with better ones. No need to lose all hope.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    With acceptance comes peace.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

THE JW - Doctine of Justice is Completely Wrong, however that does not mean that Justice Does Not Exist - good point.

For me, from when I first started having doubts onwards, the idea that billions of ordinary people who reject the JW message - including billions of their children - will be wiped out is disgusting and the complete opposite of justice.

We have laws and the courts deliver justice; no need for God.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Since I stopped taking the JW religion seriously I have started observing the people around me when I am out. The world is full of wonderful people, there are of course some not so wonderful people as well.

But on the whole I see more happiness then I ever saw in the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Facing reality is a hard thing to do.

Yes it is! This point cannot be emphasised enough. It's the reason religions like JWs exist, because reality is HARD. These religions scoop up all the adults who can't cope with the way the world really is and tell them a great big powerful person will make it all rainbows and cuddly lions soon. Then their children are raised in a fools paradise of pathetic lies.

The cruelest thing is that they prevent their followers seeing all the good things that volunteers and charities are doing to relieve suffering and tell them not to bother contributing to them which makes them feel even more helpless.

Only we can change this world, our family's experience and our own lives but the thing is there's rather a lot of us. People power, I totally believe in it, don't let this religion take away your power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit