The other side of the coin

by Shimmer 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

BeautifulGarbage's post about the rocks and Beck's post about living life over again reminded me of something that I have on my refrigerator that I try to live by. It says:

I am thankful.....

For the teenager who is not doing dishes and watching TV, because that means he is at home, not on the streets.

For the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed.

For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.

For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.

For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.

For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.

For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.

For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.

For the lady behind me in church that sings off key, because it means I can hear.

For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wash.

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.

For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it mean that I am alive.

And what's the use in living if you spend your whole life complaining, so always try to look at the bright side.

Shimmer

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I always enjoy articles like these.

When life has you stressing so hard that you feel like your brain is going to burst and ooze through your ears, little points like these remind you of what is truly important in life, and to take a minute and appreciate it.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• Dawn
    Dawn

Awesome!! I'm pasting this to my fridge also. Thanks for sharing - I sooooooo needed that today!

• COMF
    COMF

Freedom's just another word for
    Nothing left to lose

Ah, love! could you and I with Him conspire
    To grasp this sorry scheme of things entire,
    Would not we shatter it to bits--and then
    Re-mould it nearer to the heart's desire!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Shimmer...another good one...I have read that somewhere before. And it will be going up on my fridge also...especially this part

For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
    *sigh*

Beck

ps...COMF...was that 'Me and Bobby McGee'?

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

Good deal Shimmer!..........That is the "truth"!
    ...........................Jedd

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I had to laugh at this one.
    I am thankful.....
    For the teenager who is not doing dishes and watching TV, because that means he is at home, not on the streets.
    Another way to put it would be
    I am thankful……
    For the teenager who is not doing the dishes but watching TV at plums house, because that means he is not on the streets.

I swear there have been times when a suv has pulled up in front of my place and dropped off teens and left. Teens with duffel bags.

“Hi were here for the week-end, parents are goin’ out of town”

But in all fairness I will say it has never gone unappreciated.
    My son has been on a few cruises and the parents picked up the tab., which was cool because it gave me time to catch up on washing the dishes.[8>]

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

*Packing son's things into duffel bag to send off to Plum's house...making sure Son packs tea towel to wipe dishes to give good impression*

Thanks Plum

Beck

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ROTFLMAO! Beck as I run to get my duffel bag and head to the air port.
    HAAAAAAAAa!

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Thanks Shimmer! I needed that!

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit