many newly baptised getting reproved and df'd!

by nowwhat? 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Parents are turning their children in for such offences as stealing from the cookie jar, not cleaning their room and worst of all, not eating their vegetables! Many parents are writing the org. If they should shun their 8 year old.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

It could happen.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

Really? I honestly don't see that type of silly thing happening, and if it did I'm sure an Elder would be bemused at being told about a cookie jar theft!

Be realistic, c'mon

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    Lemonparty.org
    Lemonparty.org

In the last congregation I was in, there are idiots that would do that.
  • careful
    careful

Lemonparty,

Well, maybe not but nowwhat? may be onto something. We all remember how nutty/stupid some of the R&F, as well as some elders, are. I can certainly picture some of those types shortsightedly threatening baptized youngsters, who will soon become a numerous force, with judicial action as an "immediate" way to control their childish behavior (like parents who threaten to spank kids without ever doing so). That will eventually open up a whole new can of worms. Oh, the decisions the GB makes that have not been thought out!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Such baptisms should be rendered null and void. At those ages, these children would not be allowed to walk into a coin shop alone with a 5 toilet paper bill and buy a silver quarter. Why then should they be baptized at all? And yes, stealing from the cookie jar is still stealing--but this is when they should be trained to not steal, not get in trouble for it. Would a child this age go to jail for petit larceny for stealing a lousy cookie?
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    A few years before I was baptized, I lied to my father (as typically children will do from time to time). My father went to the PO about it. But the PO had enough sense to shrug it off.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I bunch of teens & young 20-somethings were recently DFd and reproved in our area. Just doing the things kids do as part of growing up. But once they are dunked they are not allowed to make those mistakes anymore. It's kick 'em out the door and make them suffer and cowl for a year or more.

Bunch of dickheads coming up with these new policies.

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Wasn't there a story posted here recently about a baptized 10-year-old who was DFed for "apostasy" because he'd come to the conclusion that evolution was true?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit