If you were God...

by sunstarr 7 Replies latest jw friends

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

I'm sure there has already been a thread started to pose this question. However, I'm curious as to a specific aspect of this thought. There have been various threads started inquiring about specific miracles performed by God. Some believe these events did not take place. Others believe they did and attribute them to God's power. Still others believe them to be only stories with an intended lesson from which we are to derive benefit. My question to all is this: If you were God, how would you prove your existence to your creation residing on earth today? (Sure sounds like it's coming from the WT)

** I must also add some criteria to this question. First, the proof must be given thousands of years ago and last until today. No additional proof can be given beyond 2000 years ago. Second, the proof must be able to measure up against science. If it can be proven by natural or scientific knowledge of our day, it is not valid.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

As a member of the Omnitheon, I have to reason to prove my godship to anyone uninitiated in the mysteries of our theosophy. I exist, therefore I am a god, you must accept this, and your criteria are merely designed as mental restrictions on the great power of deity.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

• Francois
    Francois

I am God, and I have no intention or need to "prove" my existance to you. You are to search for me and when you find me I will say "well done faithful slave. Because it is to individuals who seek me that I reveal myself alone."

However, I am closer to you than your own jugular vein. You must see me with the eye of faith and I will respond with the spiritual vision.

Francois

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Francois: where do I send my money?

Beck

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

The word 'if' stops me in my tracks! Next question please.

Guest 77

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Sunstarr,

A God, who could create the universe, would of course, be far beyond our ability to identify with and beyond our understanding.

I try sometimes to get some idea of the reasons for things by trying to imagine I could create small robots, (we could do that) then program the robots to be a certain way, but, giving them the ability to decide many things for themselves.

I might have a definite direction I want the robot population to go, but some of the robots rebel; they somehow acquire the ability to change their programming and go in an entirely different direction than I had hoped.

We could, of course, put sensors into these robots to imitate feeling etc. The robots could develop a form of love for fellow robots. If I decided, as their “creator”, to deactivate one of the rebel robots I would know exactly how to do it. I would know the entire make-up of the robot and how to deactivate it without causing what might be considered cruelty by the other robots.

The other robots would not have my knowledge of that, or, my knowledge of computers, electronics, and a vast amount of information, they would no doubt consider me cruel. This scenario could go on for a very long time, but I think it helps in trying to understand some things.

In the real world though, the Almighty God, who would create the universe, would be far superior to us than the scenario of the robots and me.

Borgfree

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Ziggy
  • Moxy
    Moxy

can somebody say "monolith?"

• og
    og

"The one place gods indubitably exist is in human minds." - Alan Moore.

I dunno, this quote seems relevant.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." R.A. Wilson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit