Hurrah for Georgia! Two-Year Statute of Limitation (SOL) Reform Window Signed into Law by governor.

by AndersonsInfo 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Hurrah for Georgia! Two-Year SOL Reform Window Signed into Law. Residents of Georgia have a two-year window to file lawsuits against perpetrators and institutions starting July 1, 2015.

Georgia Governor Nathan Deal has signed into law the Hidden Predator Act (HPA). While this law will not solve all the problems survivors face when seeking justice it is a huge step forward. We hope you will post comments both on this article and other articles you see in the media. Your comments are very important. Your words educate people and help to protect children. (SNAP)

Please tell everyone who you know, so that more abuse survivors can finally seek justice from both the perpetrator and organizations that tried to silence them about being abused. The window closes by June 30, 2017, so survivors should contact an experienced and reputable attorneys now!

If abuse survivors need a referral to locate an attorney, please contact me through my website at www.watchtowerdocuments.org. Barbara
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thanks Barbara!

I hope that JWN members will spread the word to JWs who live/lived in Georgia and that survivors contact attorneys quickly Two years is better than none, but eliminating third-party civil SOL for child sexual abuse is better.

Did anyone notice that the law was signed by the Governor on May 5, 2015? Is there a connection between when the law was signed and Lett's comments about 21 to 22 minutes into May's JW Broadcast?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Does anyone know JWs in Georgia?

I realize that this is a sad and depressing topic, but isn't it important to help another person to seek justice and possibly heal more. If you feel it is, please write comments to this thread.

Robert

• JHK
    JHK

Thanks, Barbara.

I'll announce "the good news" in my blog.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

If JWN members felt like Georgia's 2-year SOL law could help cause the Watchtower to lose it's property in New York to pay lawsuits, would more members tell JW's in Georgia about this law and post comments to this thread?

According to NBC New York when California passed a 1-year SOL window in 2002, Catholic dioceses were required to pay $1.2 billion in legal settlements/judgments. Considering that many abuse victims are not emotionally ready to file lawsuits for numerous reasons including low-self esteem/shame, a 2-year window could result in significantly more lawsuits and larger payments than California's 1-year window.

If Georgia's law results in a flood of abuse lawsuits, it could help pass 1-year window legislation in New York. If the Catholic Church is afraid of 1-year window legislation in New York, imagine how the GB must feel with so much of the Watchtower's corporate property and GB's retirement resort located in New York?

More members posting to this thread results in more people reading it and possibly more JW abuse survivors in Georgia finding the courage to file a lawsuit.

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit