divorce

by Kristen 5 Replies latest social family

• Kristen
    Kristen

What is the procedure one must go through (in the state of IL) to obtain a divorce when no children are involved? For those of you have gone through the experience, do you have any particular advice?

Thanks for your help.

Kristen

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This page seems to have articles covering most bases: http://www.illinois-divorce-law.com/

For those of you have gone through the experience, do you have any particular advice?

yeah. believe it or not, time does heal all wounds. That time can be shortened immensely if you remember that, trite as it may sound, "attitude is everything".

If this is you going thru this, ((((Kristen)))). I know it hurts.

• Kristen
    Kristen

Thanks, Six.

• think41self
    think41self

((((Kristen))))

Sixy gave you some excellent advice. When the pain wears off, and you get over your fears of being alone...some wonderful growth can occur.

I don't know about IL, but here in FL you can do it yourself divorces. Download the forms, get answers from a para-legal online, and file them yourself. Minimum cost. We could also go to the courthouse and take a little class with a para-legal, they gave us the forms and helped us fill them out. It was relatively easy.

think41self

This side of Eden, whether we realize it or not, we feel the stain on our souls, and at every opportunity, we try to scrub it away with steel-wool guilt.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Kristen, I was divorced in Illinois, approximately 16 years ago. It took about 3 months and cost me $300.00.

We had no property to divide and no children. I was married for 7 months. This was in Dupage County.

If I could find my divorce papers, I would give you the name of the attorney. I cannot recall his name. I do recall he was a man though!

• Kristen
    Kristen

Thanks for the replies everyone. Fortunately, I'm not going through this—just looking for some info.

Kristen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit