Do Not Call Dot Org

by Hyghlandyr 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Now I know that many of you have most likely been to Do not call dot org at http://www.do-not-call.org/ They have some interesting advice there that probably everyone is familiar with. It seems that it has great potential to be a grass roots kinda thing. At the following link they have letters, and a sign, a body can post outside of their door, which prevents Jehovahs Witnesses from calling on them, under any circumstances:

http://www.do-not-call.org/diyregistration.htm

Also at Cinci Apostafest yesterday dude was showing us some pretty cool bumper stickers he had designed from an online website. You can buy one or many. Of course it is also very cheap to have an entire run of such things made. Flyers of course are easy enough to simply photocopy, which is definitely cheaper and faster than using an inkjet printer.

There are lots of options fo flyers, anything from simply do not call or you are trespassing, to flyers for silentlambs.org, to things warning about other hidden aspects of this or other high penalty religions, to simply silly things.

I myself have thought and expressed a desire for a sign that basically says one of two things or both: As long as you hide child molestors and punish people who turn them in, you are not welcome here, or as long as you practice shunning you are not welcome here. If more and more witnesses were getting explicit reasons as to why people were not listening to them, eventually a break would have to come. It's just that simple.

That means though, participation. We all have experience going door to door, which is one thing Do Not Call suggests, not to talk to people but to place the flyers. Of course we could hand out copies, either digital or printed, of the flyers to be copied and used at churches, work places, and so forth. There is a greater chance that churches would be amiacable to use such things, rather than other groups.

Another thing we discussed yesterday. Here in Cincinnati I had taken classes for Public Access Television. It is federal law that all cable systems have to allow local people time on certain channels. A specific number of channels have to be set asside for this. Some communities, like Cincinnati, pay for equipment, studio facilities, and so forth for the use of residents. Usually you have to be trained to use the equipment, and get certified. Then you may use the studio, or even check out cameras, lighting equipment, sound equipment, and other necessary things to produce your own show. Of course if you have your own equipment you may use it also.

Typically, if you use the studio's equipment, you must agree to first air your show, or A show from that production, on the particular Public Access channel in your area. After that you can sell the show if you want to, you can rent it, you can publish it on other Public Access channels in other cities (as long as a local resident from that city agrees to publish it for you, remember this is for local residents.).

I think you all see where I am heading with this. It is clear that Dateline is most likely not going to air their expose. That leaves it up to us. This would be a major production, with a lot of time and effort involved. But that time would be distributed among the lot of us who were willing to do it. I can answer a lot of questions of those that are interested, including the steps required to participate in Public Access Television. Anyone that lives in a large city should have adequate facilities available for their use. Besides that, those that have already made videos exposing the WTBTS and its methods, if they were willing, and we would have to have signed consent from them, would be able to broadcast those videos in each community locale.

Up to this point, the web, books, and some videos have been used. As well as word of mouth. Using flyers, joining with churches, and also using broadcast systems, television, radio, and live online video and audio will simply stretch the resources and the reach of the message.

Feel free to email me or respond here.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

You bring up some interesting options. I would be more than willing to donate my time and efforts to publish the abuse caused by the WTS. E-mail me at [email protected] with your ideas. Thanks.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((( blue s ))))

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I came across an interesting sign you might want to check at

http://www.crapco.com/badads/ads/witness2.html

Kenneson

Take my advice. I'm not using mine at the moment.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Kenneson, Ive seen that before, it is hilarious. Keep me posted with any more that you find.

Blue sapphire will do.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

bluesapphire, what???? he, he, he... love, mom.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

When I was a Jehover, I never hid child molestors. I only had vague ideas about a couple of guys who might have done something to their daughters, but I didn't know the facts. And I only _practiced_ shunning once in my life. So would you disqualify me from sharing the good news with you on that basis?

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Cygnus, you bring up some excellent points. My wife doesnt practice shunning. It hink there is a vast difference between practicing disfellowshipping and shunning...

To shun is to avoid deliberatly and habitually. Whereas disfellowshipping would merely be no longer fellowshipping with, that is to say not to be in intimate concourse with. Many JWs do not shun. Many others do. And then there are those few who will talk about the shunned person when in their presence, such as at a store. They are usually not talking nice about them.

Then the child molestation reporting issue. Of course elders often are not trying to cause harm to the child, but in their zeal for god, they are causing intense pain, and continued molestation. It occured with us that we were told not to go to the police. When my sister finally did go to the police, while not being disfellowshipped, she was slandered. In fact, when she went back to live with my father, my father took her to the elders for this and that and the other, her being a 'rebellious' child, as she was labeled by the elders. As I was also for simply refusing to allow him to hit me.

Thus I believe the experiences of others when they say similar things. Then of course the official policy of the watchtower states that if there is no evidence or if there are not two or more witnesses then the accused is to be considered innocent. They have also stated this even if it should be multiple people accuse the same person but on different occasions. Then they use the case of 'recovered memories' as a means of dismissing accusations, as if nearly all accusations are from recovered memories. Most accusations are from events that are taking place right then.

So the goal is not to punish an individual witness. The goal is to get those who do care, to see the flawed policy. If enough witnesses were handed little cards and little tracts, detailing these things, and the reasonable refusal of the householder to accept the literature, bible studies, and other such things, then it would eventually filter upward in the organization.

I am not the sort that thinks that everyone is responsible for all the 'sins' of the organization of which they are members. However by doing these things, the nice witnesses, that dont shun, will have a message to carry higher. Furthermore, if I were still a witness, and got something like this, I would state plainly if I did not shun. I would state that I agree with many policies of the watchtower society, those that are bible based. But that I feel shunning is not bible based and I do not practice it.

So even if this is done, it is going to depend on how much the householder listens. There can run a lot of confusion for instance, if mormons come to the door and the householder is convinced they are witnesses. Hehehe...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit