Help settle some very specific questions!

by Shepherd Book 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

First: Do the Watchtower calendars say "Share in Field Ministry" on every Saturday or "Share in the Field Ministry"? (At least they used to.) And what's the difference?

Second:

The Society sometimes calimed certain members referred to them as "Mama," since they're (cough cough) God's wife-like organization. So...did they say "Mama" or "Momma"?

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

My 2013 says "offer Bible studies" for the first Saturday and "offer magazineS" for the following Saturdays.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Thanks, Gypsy Sam. I'll be sure to get out and offer my two favorite magazines tomorrow!

I haven't seen a JW calendar in a few years - in the 1980s and 1990s they said something more akin to what I noted, above. I'm wondering if anyone can clarify.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Neither, LOL. From CoC pg. 49:

11 Many Witnesses refer to the organization as “our mother,” and this is because the
    Watchtower magazine has used this term in such way, as in the February 1, 1952, issue, p.
    80, and the May 1, 1957, issue, pp. 274, 284; see also the April 1, 1994 Watchtower, p. 32.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

It's my last jw calendar and yearly text. Woo hoo! I've only received too texts to check on my teen and I since we started fading this year. The second was to find out what I needed ordered for next year, not even a "how are you". I still haven't answered. There is a delicious freedom in rpail zing you don't have to answer Jw's.

Shepherd Book: Make sure to try and start a doorstep study, lol.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Yes, I plan to offer Mad Magazine and The Onion.

Thanks to all for your help!

• Stealth
    Stealth

I have heard many JW elders & CO refer to the organization as "Mother" over the years, but never momma.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Crazy Old "Mother"

There's a reason we lock them away.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The references to calling the society "Mother" correlate with ancient Israel's worship of the "Queen of the Heavens", the pagan goddess Asherah, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit