Shunning-need personal experiences, reference material for documentary

by mamalove 2 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

Hello everyone! It has been quite a long time that I have posted on here. I hope everyone is well!

I went to high school with a girl who is now out in California. She and her now husband (Bryan Storkel-see his IMDb page) do documentaries by themselves and others. They typically highlight hypocrisy or other double standards. "Fight Church" and "Holy Roller Christians" are a couple of movies they made.

I was chatting with my friend on Facebook and mentioned to her the idea of the doing a documentary on Scientology, Mennonite, Amish, JW and other well known religions that shun to the degree we know all too well about. I think it is a dirty little secret that needs some exposure and if we can help tell it, I think this is the best place to start.

If anyone has any clips of meetings, or assemblies where shunning is the featured topic, or personal stories on how it was done to you, how it felt, etc. Or if you have that creative brain, and have thought of ideas for a documentary, how to keep attention, etc. please share. I really enjoyed Bill Maher's "Religilous" and keep thinking of something like that.

Perhaps email is best for this? PM me and I will send you my email and we can go from there. I will be passing on the info to my friend, Amy Storkel.

Funny enough, she was raised super duper religious, think pentacostal apostolic, and I went over a few lessons in the Live Forever book with her as a young teen. She actually held her own, it was pretty interesting. She now considers herself a Christian, but likes to point out all of the hypocrisy and falsehoods that she can through her art.

If you are on my Facebook, feel free to shoot me notes through there too.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

• trujw
    trujw

I have no father no mother and two sisters that could careless about my wife (worldly) or my son an unborn child. I could talk about shunning. i also lost every. Friend I ever knew at 22 because I felt the jws were and are false prophets. Was df just for questioning my religion I was born into. No drugs no fornication just said they were wrong about a few doctrinal points That I never discussed with anyone but the elders. I would love to share. pm me

• trujw
    trujw

Oh and fired from my job. I was employed by a jw. Anyone remember rug doctor. It was so I heard started by a jw in Fresno CA my boss was a franchise owner. Fired once he heard I was df

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit