Scary Books

by Jim_TX 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

This past Saturday, my wife and I went shopping in San Marcos at the Factory Outlet Mall. We had a very pleasant day there, and afterwards went for a late lunch.

After lunch, we went to a local Half-Price Books store where she went looking for novels by authors that she likes to read. I went looking through the books too, for some book that might catch my eye.

In one section of books, way up high - in fact, it was on the very top shelf which was about seven or eight feet up, I spotted about 6 bound volumes of the WTS Watchtower & Awake. Various years... I think one or two was from the mid-80's, and the rest were later than 2000. I was pondering how the bookstore would have worked this deal... how much money did the owner get for these? What were they priced at? things like this.

My wife, wandered over to the section I was in and I asked her, "Do you like scary books?"

She was kind of puzzled, and slowly answered, "Well, not really. I guess it depends on what it is, but generally, no."

She was still trying to figure out what I meant by my question, I guess.

I said, "Well, look up there." pointing to the bound volumes.

She just laughed. We both did. We then walked away to look for some not-scary books.

Oh. I took a photo of the books, if anyone is really interested in scary books and wants to see them. I hope I didn't break my camera.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You're lucky you didn't buy those books, cause you know, that invites in Da Demonz into your home!!!!

My favourite Bound Volume of all time? The one from 1984. (how ironic, right?) Want to see some scary ass art? Look at the covers from that year!! Here are some to aid your memory.....

Oh hey, here's a new one from 2012!!!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I went and took a look at the photo and determined the years...

W 2007, A 2002, W 2004, A 1982, A 1981

...still a scary set of books.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "ARMAGEDDON! WHAT IS IT?..."

A Michael Bay film.

"...WHEN WILL IT COME?"

It's already out on Blu-ray.

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

They usually will have a new world translation bible or 2 at the used bookstore I go to. They usually give store-credit for stuff like that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit