Okage Takes Issue With: The Dumbest Thing a JW Ever Said To Him

by okage 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• okage
    okage

Schnare posted a thread called "Demonic: What's the stupidest thing you've ever heard a JW say?" So I give my credit for inspiration to that thread found here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/261046/1/Its-Demonic-Whats-the-stupidest-thing-youve-ever-heard-a-JW-say

I wanted to post the dumbest thing I ever heard there but it really is it's own discussion, I feel.

The dumbest thing a Jehovah's Witness ever said to me was, and I quote, "it's impossible for a Jehovah's Witness to molest a Jehovah's Witness child. There are so many safeguards it just can't happen."

Mind you, this was before Candace Conti's legal victory and all I knew as far as JW child abuse came from Silent Lambs. I didn't have the Elder's manuals or the legal precedents. This man looked me in the eye and told me child molestation just doesn't happen within Jehovah's Witnesses.

So my question, have you ever experienced anyone with that view? Traditionally, the JW path is to point fingers at everyone but the Governing Body and to victimize the victim further, but this was the first and only time in my experience that someone ever went so far as to deny its possibility or existence among the rank and file.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

They are in denial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit