Aaagh! Just had a visit!

by Silverleaf 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Whew - I'm still shaking. I very pleasant gentleman just came to my door - darn it but the dog was inside! And he wanted to talk about the sad state of afairs in the world.

I told him I knew too much about his organization and was very frightened by the things I'd heard. He asked me what bad things I had heard and I told him about shunning and the blood issue and how families get destroyed by disfellowshipping. He merely nodded and smiled. I told him I was Pagan and that I felt the Goddess wanted everyone to respect each other and try to get along. He asked me if I thought everyone would be of one religion some day and I told him absolutley not. That was not what the goddess wants. She wants us all to come to our beliefs on our own terms. I told him I wished him all the best and I hoped he was happy. He thanked me for talking to him and said he had never met a Celtic Pagan before and it was very interesting talking to me.

Well. Whew. I just wish I didn't get so nervous, I'm sure he thought Satan possessed me. And of course the snarling barking dog behind me, didn't help matters. Yikes!

Silverleaf

• Celia
    Celia

You did great Silverleaf.
    Ah yes, the Pagan Goddess, she sounds more fun than the Watch Tower Jehovah, for sure !

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

That JW guy was probably shakin' more than you were...LOL
    That whole Goddess thing....LMAO...ingenious!

Lizard

• COMF
    COMF

I felt the Goddess wanted...
    That was not what the goddess wants...
    She wants...

The goddess wants you to stop thinking about what the goddess wants, and concern yourself with what YOU want.

COMF

Ah, love! could you and I with Him conspire
    To grasp this sorry scheme of things entire,
    Would not we shatter it to bits--and then
    Re-mould it nearer to the heart's desire!

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Celia - Thanks!

Lizard - [great name BTW - ] I just hope I didn't sound like I was making it all up. If I'd had more time I would have ran and got my hubbie's pentacle but anyway ...

And COMF - You know what? I think you're absolutely right!

Silverleaf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit