Idiotic Elderoid's Comment

by piztjw 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• piztjw
    piztjw

So I recently heard the following comment from one of the shearers of sheep:

"One may think they have an effective method of talking to people about the Bible, but the FDS have given us the proper presentation in the Kingdom Ministry. They tell us what to say because that is what works best. Out ideas would be there if they were effective."

This from the jerk-off who on more than one occassion would refuse to do things in the KH as instructed because, "We think it would be more convenient to do it differently!"

What are your experiences with assine comments from the fleecers of the flock?

• jgnat
    jgnat

When I berated an elder for discouraging higher education, he said, "It is up to everyone's conscience."

Right. Like the congregation is to ignore the direction just given from the platform. Weasel.

• piztjw
    piztjw

So here is another one just recently heard:

Elderly handicapped male, "I needed help getting to the assmebly. I was unable to drive, so younger sister so-and-so drove my car to the assembly as she had no vehicle."

Elderoid, "That was improper. You should not have been alone with her for the ninety minutes it took to get to the assembly. You should have tried harder to make different arrangements."

Elderly handicapped male, "I did. Everyone else had either left already, or they had other arrangments and could not help me with my vehicle."

Elderoid, " But think about the appearence to others when you were alone with her."

Me, "Yes. You really are much better off missing the assembly entirely than traveling with a sister!" (Said with total sarcasm)

Elderoid, "That's right! Jehovah would have understood." (In all seriousness)

Me, "You never can tell when someones hormones are going to run wild and sex is going to happen." (Eyes rolling)

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Heard this with my own ears, but I think it has made the rounds.

Jehovah can forgive the slave for being incorrect or too eager, but he will not forgive those who go against his arrange ment and run ahead of the celestial chariot.

My head almost exploded.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w98 8/1 pp. 9-10 par. 11 Jehovah—The Source of True Justice and Righteousness ***

During his Galilean ministry in the spring of the year 31 C.E., Jesus spotted a man with a withered hand in a synagogue. Since it was a Sabbath, the Pharisees asked Jesus: “Is it lawful to cure on the sabbath?” Rather than feel genuine concern for this poor man’s suffering, they had a desire to find a pretext for condemning Jesus, as their question revealed. No wonder Jesus was grieved at their insensitive hearts! He then pointedly threw a similar question back at the Pharisees: “Is it lawful on the sabbath to do a good deed?” When they kept silent, Jesus answered his own question by asking them if they would not rescue a sheep that had fallen into a pit on the Sabbath. “Of how much more worth is a man than a sheep!” Jesus reasoned, with irrefutable logic. “So it is lawful [or, right] to do a fine thing on the sabbath,” he concluded. God’s justice should never be shackled by human tradition. Having made that point clear, Jesus went ahead and healed the man’s hand.—Matthew 12:9-13; Mark 3:1-5.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 8/10 p. 2 Schedule for Week of August 16 ***

Highlight the Practical Value of the Good News. Audience discussion based on the Ministry School book, page 159. Invite audience to comment on issues that are of concern to people in the local territory. Ask for suggestions on how we may address such concerns in our presentations.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 1/05 p. 8 How to Use Sample Presentations ***

Sample presentations for offering our magazines and other publications appear regularly in Our Kingdom Ministry. When sharing in the ministry, we need not repeat these suggested presentations exactly as written. They are provided to give us an outline of what we might say. We will usually be more effective if we put the presentations in our own words. Expressing ourselves in a natural manner helps to put the householder at ease and reflects sincerity and conviction.—2 Cor. 2:17; 1 Thess. 1:5.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit