Why Does The RSS feed for this site No Longer Work?

by NeonMadman 8 Replies latest forum tech-support

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I had been following active posts here for a while through the RSS feed, first through Google Reader, then through Feedly after Google Reader shut down. But in the last few weeks, the feed seems to have stopped working. Anybody know why, and how I can get it back?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

*crickets*

• bsmart
    bsmart

I think Simon is doing a lot of updating and things have been kind of different the last month or so.

We didn't have post counts for several weeks, but thats back... And he does have a family to support, so he's got that "real job thing" going on too. Most of his updates seem to happen on Sunday mornings so probably it will be put on the list tomorrow.

I have heard some of the RSS feeds have been going away, just to complicate matters. Are your other feeds ok?

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, its on my 'to fix' list although I think RSS's days are sadly numbered now.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

In general, I don't believe my other feeds have changed, except, ironically, the feeds for the new issues of the Watchtower and Awake. Those seem to be sporadic, but I can always download them from jw.org. I accumulate them to keep up with the antics of the WTS.

Simon, do you mean that RSS feeds' days are numbered on this forum, or in general? If the latter, what will replace them?

• stillin
    stillin

Ok, I give up. What is an RSS feed?

• Simon
    Simon

Support for RSS seems to be waning from the big players. I love RSS but I think its doomed because the powers that be don't want to sustain it.

It should be working again now, let me know if it isn't.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Since the forum changed over, I've been unable to get the new "Latest Posts" to feed through my Feedly, as I used to do before the forum change. Is there a solution to this, or is the new format simply RSS inaccessible?
  • Simon
    Simon

Sorry, I haven't re-implemented RSS feeds yet. They were getting fairly hammered / abused by scrapers and very aggressive bots (checking the same pages continually) and there have been other priorities to work on.

I am going to look at re-implementing them at some point but want to change some other architectural pieces and finish some other features before I do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit