Earthquake

by Celia 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

Earthquake in the NorthEast
    The end must be near.
    Everything shook in the house for 5 to 10 seconds, shortly before 7 this morning...

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

COME ON it is a tiny tremor -- NOT THE END OF TNE WORLD ''THE BIG A" I LIVE IN QUAKELAND USA and it is a everyday thing here..Mexico had one a couple of days ago 6.0 approx..now that is an earthquake / you scared then go to church not no KH..Ladies chill have a cup of tea !! there has been tornados within the last few days in USA how about them..wars in the mid-east / on and on..WELLL HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND you did not loose your electricity and you still can use your computer soo it is noy the end of the world !!!!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Celia,
    I heard the samething here in Ontario this morning, not sure what the magnatude was though. The upper St Lawerence region has a fault line.It was felt in Toronto and surrouding area also along the Niagara Escarpment.

• Scully
    Scully

The radio reported at 8:30 this morning that the magnitude was measured at 5.5 by Canadian seismologists, and 5.1 by the American side.

It didn't feel that strong to me..... but then I'm about 150 km away from the epicenter.

Love, Scully

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

I felt the rumble and thought it was someone jumping on my second floor. Some friends of mine in VT thought the house was going to come down.

HCM

• jst_me
    jst_me

my bookselves were rattling...wonder if that is what it was?

• Scully
    Scully

you can report your experience of the earthquake at this website:

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ne/index.html

Love, Scully

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

VERY GOOD SCULLY you are letting your kids talk about the quake and learn about what a quake is all about !!! LIKE I said you still got electricity that runs your computer soo it is not the end of the world and you are still going shopping I hope MOM !!!

• Celia
    Celia

Just to clarify : I am not scared.
    It is just not an usual occurence around here !

• monkey
    monkey

well i will admit it if noone else will, i was scared this morning! of course i have lived in ny all my life and it is the first earthquake i have ever experienced. my sister has lived in japan and california (marine life) and has been through much bigger earthquakes. but i was scared!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit