Earthquake!!

by Scully 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec just experienced an early-morning earth tremor!!

If it had been much stronger (it felt like it was maybe 2.5 - 3 on the Richter scale), I would have been pretty scared! I was just waking up and felt a rumbling like a train all around me, and the walls around me began to shake back and forth!! It lasted about 20 seconds. I felt it, so did one of my daughters. Hubby, as usual, was oblivious. My son slept through it. The cat and the rabbit are totally freaked out. No damage to report.

Oddly enough, after all this time of not being a JW, one of the first things that crossed my mind was "there will be earthquakes in one place after another". Does the conditioning EVER go away???

Love, Scully

• Celia
    Celia

Oops, just started a thread on the subject too.
    Here in Vermont, we felt it too.
    Our new dog was acting strangely before it happened, she is still not her usual self, so maybe we will get another tremor soon...

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

A few days ago there was one in Mexico 6.0 approx..BUT JUST AN EARTHQUAKE -- not the BIG "A" as the JWs love to scare everyone with.especally if you are not attending meetings and going in sevice...IF YOU ARE that nervous about the quake then attend your local neighborhood CHURCH not KH...THAT is the best advice I can come up with...((((HUGS)))))hang on there will be more and also tornados and hurricans too !!! BTW we live in QUAKELAND Southern California USA

• Scully
    Scully

The radio just announced the magnitude was 5.5 on the Richter Scale at the epicenter, located 90 km south of the town of Valleyfield, Quebec.

Love, Scully

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

HEY GIRLS you still have electricity and can use your computers so therefore it is not the end of the world / I know you are scared and shook up / hang on there is a thing called after shocks that you might experience..I am a vet. when it comes to QUAKES...((((((HUGS)))))))

• Scully
    Scully

you can report an experience you've had with earthquakes, including this one, at:

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ne/index.html

Love, Scully

• Eric
    Eric

Is that what that was! Thanks for the info Scully.

I'm home alone in the GTA this weekend and I thought
    I was just masturbating really, REALLY well.

Eric

• gumby
    gumby

there will be earthquakes in one place after another". Does the conditioning EVER go away???

Does the conditioning ever go away? I wish the crap it would!
    I've been out for 7 years and the CONDITIONING haunts me daily!
    I't hard to re-learn/re-think things....isn't it?

Glad your OK!

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

ERIC glad to know you have taken care of yourself and feel much relieved if that is what you do and that hard !!!! NEXT TIME QUEENIE is a QUAKE here in Calif. I will just figure it is ERIC doing his thing !!! BTW how far away R you from Calif..

• Moxy
    Moxy

a dose of perspective, in case armageddon is still bothering you:

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/qed/last_seven_days.html

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit