Do you see an equivalency here between the Word of God and the word of the Anointed?

by I_love_Jeff 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Is this commandment, “Let us cover our territory four times in six months”, really as binding as when Jehovah said to the Logos in Gen.1:26 “Let us make man in our image”?

Taken from the Watchtower, July 1, 1943 page 204-206, Righteous Requirements:

“The Lord breaks down our organization instructions further and makes them more practicable by further instructing us through his “faithful and wise servant.” He says, ‘Let us assign the field, the world, to special pioneers, regular pioneers and companies of Jehovah’s Witnesses...” Then there are details given on hours and back-calls for pioneers per month. The mouthpiece continues, “These directions come to us from the Lord through his established agency directing what is required of us...This expression of the Lord’s will should be the end of all controversy...These directions from the Lord...” Now, more details are given for individuals and companies dealing with territories. The Anointed then say, “...there is absolutely no excuse for anyone, man or woman, to claim to be unable to accept an individual territory assignment and assume full responsibility for it. Those who really love the Lord and are fighters for the New World will not try to excuse themselves on that or any other ground, but will hear the Word of the Lord when he says, Let us do thus and so...The Lord through his “faithful and wise servant” now states to us, “Let us cover our territory four times in six months.” That becomes our organization instructions and has the same binding force on us that his statement to the Logos had when he said, Let us make man in our image.” It is our duty to accept this additional instruction and obey it”

Once again, how is this commandment as binding as when Jehovah said to the Logos in Gen.1:26 “Let us make man in our image”?

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

An I love that Boozie Rutherford quote. God he was arrogant! The funny thing is though, that while they use kinder language today, the message is the same. "Do as we say, because god said so."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit