Birthday???

by Kophagangelos 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

Is true, that the JW in the US can celeberate the birthday? Is this new light from WT? Who know more?

• Celia
    Celia

Not that I know of...
    But hopefully some better informed people on this board will
    know more. Friday ? S4 ? Are you there ?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The was QfR of Watchtower 15th, 1998 they said that there is "good reason that mature Christians don't celebrate birthday". In my opinion that means that you get not DFed for it but you are considered "not mature" and won't get "privileges".

• blindfool
    blindfool

If there is anything new on celebrating birthdays, I've not heard about it. My wife's birthday was last week and her mother did call to say she loved her, but no celebrations.

Maybe JW's will start celebrating each others deaths. Thats how they do with Jesus you know.

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

ok! I will wait of the answer of the others ones!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

My JW mother always calls me on my birthday to tell me that she felt a pain in her ass and then remembered it was my birthday. Does that count?

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Kophagangelos,

Celebrating birthdays could/would be a disfellowshipping offense last I knew. I didn't specifically deal with this type of case as an elder, but the KS Textbook does mention the celebrating of holidays as a form of apostasy.

Although it doesn't mention birthdays specifically, I believe they would be included.

Hope this helps.

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

Thank you for the answer! I thought, it is a new ligth to celeberate the birthday because a exjw spreaded a gossip about the celeberation of birthday of JW in the US! Now it is a mistake! Thank you!

• Mulan
    Mulan

The last I heard, the elders were told not to make a big deal if they hear someone had a birthday celebration.

Mom and I talked about this the other day, and she said she always thought we should be able to do birthdays. We always acknowledged them in our house..........maybe no party, but we usually went to dinner or lunch, or something.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit