Total Donations

by turtleturtle 6 Replies latest jw friends

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Was just calculating how much $ I had given to the local cong & WT over the period of about 10 years. 28,000 US baby! ouchie! stopped about 2 years ago.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

On average you gave over $230.00 US a month? Holy Hell. You reallllllllllllly love Jehober.lol

Im so sorry for your loss.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I never gave much because I figured they didn't do refunds.

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

@dazed: haha!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I probably didn't donate 230.00 dollars in the 27 years IN.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I have no clear recollection of putting anything in the collectios box during the nearlt 20 years I was associated.

In the beginning, of course, I was just a kid.

Later, when I started earning money on a newspaper route, shovelling snow, and ultimately getting a "real" part-time job, ALL of whatever I earned was handed over to mom to run the house.

She determined if I got a small allowance from the money I brought in, even after I started pioneeering.

Only after I moved out of her house was my money really mine, and even then she expected a piece of the action while she criticized me for not going to meetings and refusing to read her Watchtower and Awake! magazines.

Eventually I put an end to that, but I shoulda done it sooner.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I was raised in the JW religion, but from age 18 to 38 I probably dropped less than $200 in the contribution box. I figured that the money I spent on gas for FS, hotels for conventions, and 12 years of voluteer work as an elder was enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit