Printer Advice

by sweetone2377 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

To all of out there thinking of using that refill, do it yourself kit for your printer's ink cart.....DON'T DO IT!!! We've have done this and are now experiencing a problem. They neglect to tell you that your cartridge heads (or whatever you call them) wear out well before you can use all ink you have in the kit.

Just fluff and stuff.

Very frustrating.

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Everytime I see those ads I am tempted to buy those refills because the printer cartridges are so expensive. I never did and now I never will. Thanks for sharing such good advice.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I have used the refill kits and been happy. One print head won't last all six refills, but if I get 2 or 3 times as long with the print head I am pleased. One important thing is to make sure you refill the cartridge before it is completely empty, or the cartridge can be dry inside and not refill or print properly.

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

I'm telling you....this is the worst thing that i personally have ever done (or rather my dh). We fill the thing nearly everday. It leaks like a sieve as long as you're not printing. Try to print and nothing....the paper comes out as blank as before it went through. Stop printing....leaks again. This is the first time i've had to refill or replace my ink cartridge since I bought my printer. And I print *alot*. By the next day the friggin thing is empty and I've still not been able to print a single page. Been doing this for 3 days now. Getting pissed.

Ignore me. I'm just frustrated.

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• Simon
    Simon

My father in law has used them and they worked OK but I'm not sure they are worth the messing for the amount it saves (mind you, I don't really print that much).

Remember when you had to fill toner cartridges? MESSY!

• apostate man
    apostate man

Great! Not TEN minutes ago, I tried the refill system for the FIRST TIME. I am flying to Chicago tomorrow and needed to print out my email flight itinerary, but was out of black ink. I sent my wife to the store, while I was at work, to pick up some ink. She buys this instead.

I install it. Hit "clean heads" button. Print out my email.....BLANK.
    I go thru the motion again.....BLANK. So I get smart, I forward the email to myself AFTER I change the font to RED, then it prints OK(in red).

Maybe next time I wont wait till the last minute.

• Mutz
    Mutz

If you are only printing text get a laser printer, they work out cheaper and you don't have to fanny around with ink. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit