finaly honest to myself

by blessed_girl 5 Replies latest jw friends

• blessed_girl
    blessed_girl

I had this 'friend',she also goes to the weekly meetings of JW's.
    Actually we were good friends, but she had no respect for me sometimes.I just ignored that at the beginning,but she kept disrespect me,what began to irritate me.
    I asked myself is she worth a further friendship and the answer was..no.
    The past month I had a little fight with her and realized that I should quit the friendship, and I did.
    My message for those who don't know: Even within the congregation you have to look good who is worth a good friendship and who isn't.
    Better have 1 good upbuilding friend than 10 fake friends.That is a life-lesson to me.

• LDH
    LDH

I would recommend that you choose your friends, not based on their religion, but based on their ethics.

Lisa

• blessed_girl
    blessed_girl

You're right,but it's hard to find good friends in my environment who are not JW's.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    You're right,but it's hard to find good friends in my environment who are not JW's.

Which environment is that?

Hard to find good friends who are not JW's. That is crap and you know it.

Come on, get out of that box that you are encircled to.

Wait.

I guess since you are a JW, you're afraid to that because that means losing your sheltered JW life.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

blessed_girl:

Of course it is hard to find good friends in your environment of those who are not JWs. It's because you already consider it a bad environment because they are not JWs. Why don't you try evaluating the people you meet before passing judgement on them, and you may find closer friends who love you for WHO you are rather than WHAT you believe.

It's a concept that some call "True friendship".

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

Obviously she wants to be a JW. We must also respect that choice. If she wants to leave she will do it in her time. Usually the eye opening takes some times as you surely know.

L.

This is the end of the world
    As we know it
    And I feel fine

-R.E.M.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit