why did jehovahs witness stop having assemblies at dodgers stadium

by loosie 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

Does anyone know why the JW's stopped having the conventions at dodgers stadium in Los Angles in the early 1990's? I was curious. Since I was a sister I wasn't in the know. Does anyone here remember that?

• designs
    designs

The City of Long Beach and the Wt. made some deals back in the 80s- remodeling for reduced fees.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Money money money

• Farkel
    Farkel

:why did jehovahs witness stop having assemblies at dodgers stadium Because after the assemblies and the stadium started having baseball games again, the fans complained the stadium was demonized and when the janitorial staff found left-over Watchtower litterachure from the assemblies and started to burn it, it screamed hideous screams and refused to burn. That's why. Farkel

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Ignore the cantankerous blister above. It was because they shortened the famous Dodger's Stadium Hotdog (aka the DodgerDog) from 10 inches to 9.5 and half of the congregation objected. Look it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodger_Dog

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

and I thought I was the only one who thought it was the dodgerdogs

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

yes! Dodgerdogs!

• Praise YaHuWaH
    Praise YaHuWaH

Bottom line it was the profits... or lack thereof. It was more profitable to do the current assemblys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit