Differences if the GB referred to themselves in the 1st person

by BU2B 2 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

I was just thinking; what if the Governing Body, the self proclaimed FDS referred to themselves in the 1st person and not the 3rd person, what the results would be. Here is an example.

"Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the Faithful and Discreet Slave, should we not do the same?" 2/15/09 WT

Edited

"Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust US, should YOU not do the same?"

or

"We need to obey the Faithful and Discreet Slave to have Jehovah's Approval" 7/15/11 WT

Edited

"YOU need to obey US to have Jehovah''s Approval"

There is a big difference in the Impact this would have on JWs I think. This would be the honest way to write the various statements since JWs know all literature comes from the FDS as "Gods only Channel"

• Listener
    Listener

I agree but unfortunately they are not about honesty. They prove themselves deceptive on so many levels.

• Ding
    Ding

Great point!

They write the articles as if the "faithful and discreet slave" has some sort of independent existence.

Likewise with "God's organization."

My favorite change would be, "How greatful you should be that you have us humble brothers to guide you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit