Lot and His Family: The comic book??!

by aposta-Z 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/children/illustrated-bible-stories/lot-and-family/ (sorry cannot seem to make link work) WT is going all out with this rendering. The last bit is pretty creppy. Lot's wife as a pillar of salt with the question: Why should you listen to your parents...?!! Poor kids.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well, did Lot's daughters listen to daddy too much, which is why they end up shagging him in a cave ? Is that shown in the comic book ?

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

sadly no it isn't. They also cut the part about offering his daughters to the mob to be raped instead of the angels.

• aposta-Z
  • adamah
    adamah

Yeah, that's a particularly gruesome damaging form of emotional abuse of children, esp the threatening question asking "why should you obey your parents?" just after they looked at the image of a salt lick, and when the story shows the daughters DID obey their parents, but it was the Mom who disobeyed orders!

I wrote an article examining the emotional aspects of the cartoon on my blog:

http://awgue.weebly.com/article-listen-obey-or-be-turned-into-a-salt-lick.html

I've written a few other articles on the Lot story, too (eg looking at the flip-flop in "righteous" Lot in 2nd Peter vs Genesis account, revolving around the immorality of offering one's daughters to a mob, drunken incest, etc). Sad thing is, Lot gives child molesters a basis for thinking if Lot got away with offering his daughters up to be raped, and committed drunken incest with them, and STILL was declared "righteous" in 2nd Peter, there's hope for them, too!

Gimme some more of that old-time "family values" religion!

Adam

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

Great blog post Adam. :) thank you for sharing.

This comic book is nightmare material for a whole new generation (no pun intended) for kids growing up in the cult.

• likeabird
    likeabird

Thanks for posting. That is horrific. As I looked through the "comic" all I could think is how as a kid we were slammed for reading or watching violent comics. This one is even worse. In a commercial context it would never be allowed in the kiddy section or anywhere near them! So, so bad.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Didn't they have something you could download to color or connect-the-dots or something for this too?

• losingit
    losingit

An idea: could it besubmitted for review by professional in the comic book industry for rating per their standards?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Messed up bible stories

pt 1

pt2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit