1914 to 1975

by Bob_NC 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Back when I was preaching that this generation of 1914 would by NO MEANS pass away, that they were all very old, having been old enough in 1914 to understand the significance of the events of that year...it was just me running ahead. That's right. I made it all up! Running ahead with ideas of my own. It had nothing to do with the Watchtower Society. People say, well the WT Society said this and the WT Society said that. I don't know anything about that! It was just a bunch of us rogue brothers running around with big ideas in our heads. That's all that was.

And this business of preaching that the end was likely to come in 1975. And that the 7th jubilee and 70th jubilee years practically guaranteed 1975 as set in stone. That was just a bunch of us local brothers trying to get something going. You know, get the congregation excited about something. Oh, and did it ever work! You shoulda seen all the publishers becoming pioneers...over night almost. And the Bible studies, they were coming to the Hall in droves.

But then the Circuit Servant came around. Boy was I nervous that we were in for trouble for stirring up the friends with this generation of 1914 talk and focusing on 1975 as likely the end of it all. But then the CO looked at the congregation report. He'd never seen anything like it! Peak publishers in the congregation, all reporting record hours and placements in the territory. No problems at all, just busy glowing publishers out in service all the time, talking about being prepared for persecution and all. So what was he supposed to do? He can't tell us to slack off and pipe down about all this. No. So he made his report to Brooklyn and Brooklyn never said anything about it that I know of. Oh! We rogue brothers got a lot of assignments on the assembly programs, gave a lot of experiences on the programs. That was pretty cool.

So all this talk nowadays about the Watchtower leading people down a path of false hopes. I don't know nothing about any of that. It was just a bunch of us brothers saying this and that.

• cha ching
    cha ching

and that was before the internet, and the cell phones, and facebook! Wow!! You guys were smart!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Awesome post. :)

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Hey, and even if you were wrong, that doesn't mean you weren't right. You were just awake and alert while Christendom was asleep! Good on you.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

So you're the one that wrote, "Life Everlasting In The Freedom of the Sons of God", book that timed 6,000 years of man's existenceto end in 1975, thus...Armageddon.

I knew it couldn't have been the Watchtower that did that because they said they didn't. Now I know it was you and your local rabble-rousing JW friends.

Mystery solved.

Question: how did you get your whole 1975 thing published worldwide so that every JW knew it? Amazing.

• prologos
    prologos

and how come you local y0kals sold your houses, but brooklyn kept buying,

perhaps even some other locale's brothers bought them, into numbered accounts?

perhaps false prophecy was not really an error, but an occurrence to be exploited?

and brooklyn helped by introducing the

6 month "bible study" (brain washing) scheme. do it in 6 month, if not find another patsy.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i was so thrilled to bits when i heard what you were saying i dropped what i was doing (high school) and went pionearing. now as a pauper i'm so glad because i don't have to worry about materialism and so at the end, when it comes soon, God won't smite me. (he might)

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Ucantnome, just make sure to turn in your time by the 6th. We have to complete this service year....then the big you know what.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit