For your consideration

by Xenu 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Xenu
    Xenu

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL

• neyank
    neyank

I don't know what those letters represent but,
    I cheched out your ( it is yours right?) home page.

Quite interesting.

neyank

• SYN
    SYN

OH BOY. I don't even know where to start.

As I'm too lazy to browse through a potentially very large number of pages to figure out what those letters mean, please enlighten me, thanks. My curiosity, it BURNS! Looks like a very unusual formula to me...but the format is wacky!

So, I'm browsing through your home page, and it looks pretty interesting, and then I see a banner: "Yes to Cloning - The Pathway to Immortality" (something along those lines).

I'd love it if you could explain to me how cloning can extend one's life, apart from the obvious use of newly generated tissue to replace dying organs on occasion. Last time I checked, when someone was cloned, the original person carried on just fine, and the clone was an entirely different person. Unless someone has developed a personality transfer device (which I'd love to see!), cloning is NOT the path to immortality. Part of the process, perhaps, but certainly not the solution!

Anyway, back to these aliens. I find it pretty hard to believe that aliens would look similiar to us. These Raelian dudes obviously don't know about parallel evolution.

Some quotes that confounded me:

If we are about to create life on another planet, then could humanity have come about this way too - created by another race from another solar system?
    We're making a planet? COOL! Lemme see, lemme see!

The page says we're 50 years away from creating our own life forms. Unfortunately, these guys seem to have missed the critical distinction between DECODING chromosomal data and UNDERSTANDING AND CHANGING it. There's a gulf the size of our solar system in between these two things, my friend. Understanding DNA is on par with reverse engineering the entire Windows XP operating system using nothing more than a text editor - it's pretty difficult and very, very time consuming.

Cloning a mammal is within the reach of any novice biologist, and the recipe for human cloning should be very close.
    No problems here, there are already women pregnant with cloned children as we speak in Italy.

All you need is a bit of common sense to understand that any person who loves him/herself even a minimum would naturally be tempted to have another chance to live young again.
    Of course! That's the key! An exact genetic copy of myself will be me too! Am I the only one who finds this to be a misleading statement?

I'm not tearing ya down, I'm just a sceptical (SP?) person by nature...I must say, the goals of this organization seem laudable, but the means of arriving at these goals is a bit dodgy!

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

• Francois
    Francois

Cloning might get you the exact same body, but would it get you the same you? The same mind? The same personality? Couldn't possibly. All the things that make me who I am today all happened in the past and couldn't possibly happen to a newly cloned copy of me.

Sort of reminds me of "Veeger's Probe"

Francois

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL

An educated guess. Is that the Drake equation?

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• Sirona
    Sirona
    The extra-terrestrial was about four feet in height, had long dark hair, almond shaped eyes, olive skin and exuded harmony and humour.

Thats not an extra-terrestrial, thats Catherine Zeta Jones!

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit