Convention in Canberra Aus this weekend....

by Bells 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Bells
    Bells

I'm just wondering whether there is anyone on this forum who may have attended the convention in Canberra this weekend.

All of my husbands family went and I'm interested to hear what was talked about - especially in regards to members who have 'fallen away from the truth' or references to Worldy people...

I find that how we are treated pretty much depends on what articles have come out in the watchtower (study edition usually) and what talks are being given at the meetings - so knowing what is being said helps me to be prepared...

palso - unrelated but can anyone help me - is the teaching that the anointed will all be gone / dead / in heaven before Armageddon comes? If so, how do they teach that A is 'just around the corner' when the GB are still alive and kicking - as well as other anointed ones... Just wowondering

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Heya, you can find a lot of discussion here about the 'apostate' talk and talks lumping university education in with murder and fornication. I didnt' go to the one that was just on in Brisbane, but I heard from someone on facebook there was a sister who gave an experience about her baby dying of leukemia. Also, a play about Esther...I did get told that the apostate talk was very applicable and timely. The script available however, the outline, is full of hate speech, which to a JW is 'applicable and relevant'.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Heard the Aposta-Talk recently at the one I attended. That crap makes me want to puke now. ugh. Bells, I sent you a PM btw.

Take Care

TD

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Bells, the teaching (guessing) about the annointed being around after the big 'A' has been flipping out even the faithful for years. Everything they predicted....wrong!!!. 'bet they are wrong again' 100%

insot4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit