I called in to a local radio station to give an opinon

by nonjwspouse 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

It was on the topic of controlling religions ( not the JW topic but another religion) and I mentioned Hassans books, and Twisted Scriptures, suggesting all should be required reading for all teens, but as soon as I mentioned the JW I was cut off, edited that part out by that delay. Odd. I wonder why? Do they really have that much power so that there is no critisizim on a talk radio show that I KNOW is not bothered by contraversy. I personally know the host. He is not bothered by contraversy. I will be asking him about it next time I see him. Maybe it was a time issue, but still.... I took it as strange.

I plan to do more call ins by the way when the topic is relevant, with more to the point statements. So if it was a time thing it will be obvious if it IS cut off.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

That's really strange considering the topic. Keep us posted ok?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Write to the Station Manager and accuse the host as being biased. Is that what they really want people to think?

Doc

• zeb
    zeb

very likely a jw is in the works there possibly on the control panel.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I'll find out as I know several in that statios and personally know this specific host.

It really took me off guard. Heck the manager of the whole group of those stations just retired and lives next door!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Is it an issue of litigation and labelling religions as cults?

what is the radio station? Maybe we should mass mail them and ask for an answer?

• garyneal
    garyneal
    what is the radio station? Maybe we should mass mail them and ask for an answer?

I am all for that and will gladly participate in the mass mailing. Keep us posted.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

The in-house defamation counsel probably did that to avoid a lawsuit knowing how successful the WBTS has been to use litigation to intimidate anyone who criticises them

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

This was the topic being discussed....sound familiar?

The host was questioning why the whole family was told to leave, and just what does "support" mean? He asked if support meant normal just interactions with thier daughter.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/ 23253738/ ridgedale-pastor-stands-firm-as -group-protests-bigotry-outsid e-dodds-avenue-church

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit